Chapter Twenty One

Jungkook Focus

I took one look at Jimin before realizing that he really was dying. I couldn't believe it. Little dangerously energetic and excited Jimin was laying on this bed, a breath away from-

I listened closely to what Taehyung had ordered me to do. When everything was done, he nodded his approval, examined the wound without touching it, and after another twenty minutes, we were walking out of the hospital wing and back down to my room. I was feeling kind of proud of myself. I didn't think I could ever get into this doctor type shit, but I guess it was kind of fun. Anyway, at least I didn't poison Jimin again. That was definitely something to be proud of.

"You are tired," Taehyung said. I glanced at him but ignored his words. He continued. "When was the last time you slept?" I blinked. When was the last time I slept? "I-I haven't slept for maybe..."

"You need to sleep."

"Okay." I agreed. I could feel Taehyung's gaze on me, and when I turned to face him, I saw a look of surprise. "What?" I asked. He shook his head. "You agreed with me."

"And?"

"You agreed with me."

"Why is that surprising."

"You are a gang leader who is literally about to follow his prisoner's orders." I didn't know why, but I felt my heart skipped a beat when he called himself my prisoner.

"I'm just tired, that's all. Who says I'm following orders?" I said defensively. Taehyung sniffed, grinning. It kind of annoyed me. He was adorable. Why could I not get over that? The fact that I was being nice to him at all meant that I probably wouldn't stop being nice. And that was a problem. What the fuck is wrong with me? I thought. Maybe if I stopped thinking about him like that, then maybe I would get over him. Or, maybe I could just stop thinking about him, period. That would be easier.

The elevator dinged and opened. I walked out with Taehyung and headed toward my closet to grab clothes. "I hope that Suga gets back before tomorrow," Taehyung said. I closed the door and started changing into my pajamas. "If he doesn't, is there still a chance Jimin will make it?"

"The answer to that is in your question. It is entirely up to chance."

"Well, then I hope he comes back too," I said. I left the closet once changed and closed the door. "How are you feeling?" Taehyung looked at me with tired eyes. "I'm okay." He coughed. I hopped onto my bed. Taehyung started preparing a spot on the floor to sleep on. Without thinking, I shook my head at him. "Come sleep on the bed," I said. Oops. I thought. Welp, too late...

Taehyung looked at me with an unreadable expression. He stayed silent. "Well? Come on." I said. Taehyung hesitantly got onto the bed and sat on the edge. I rolled my eyes. "I'm not gonna bite. I promise." He stayed still.

"I just took care of you all day. You think I'm gonna hurt you now?" I asked. Taehyung blinked, then slowly moved forward next to me, untrusting. I sighed and laid down on my pillow. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on sleep, which wasn't easy once I realized I was going to be sleeping with Taehyung. Oops again. I wasn't thinking.

What felt like a half hour later, Taehyung spoke. "Are you asleep?" He asked. I kept my eyes closed and pretended to be long gone. Taehyung sighed and was silent after that. Okay, maybe it's not bad if I just talk to him.

"No," I said. "What's up?"

"I still need an answer," Taehyung said. "I really want to know why you're being nice to me."

I sighed. "You are sick."

"Even so, I'm still a hostage. You're not supposed to be nice."

"You're really sick?"

"My reply is the same."

I sighed, thinking about the consequences and the worth of my actions. I guess it's worth it. What's he gonna say anyway? "I'm not used to being a gang leader," I said. "I'm going to be nice if anyone is sick, regardless of who they are."

"So I was right?"

I turned toward Taehyung, confused. "Right about what?" He looked into my eyes. "About you being scared." He said. I shot a glare at him. "I'm not scared of anything."

"Except what you're becoming."

"I'm not becoming anything."

"And that is exactly the type of leader everyone needs. One who doesn't become like any past leaders. You create."

"You sound really cheesy right now, and you just need to shut up," I said, a little too harsh. For once, the hostage didn't wince at my tone. He just rolled over to face the other way. "I'm close," he said quietly before going to sleep. I widened my eyes behind his back. He already knows about my fear. He's too perceptive. 

Wow that really was cheesy.