Chapter Twenty Nine

Hoseok Focus

"...ALL OF MY DREAMS... BUT HOSEOK HAS HELPED ME REALIZE THAT MAYBE I WANT HIM MORE THAN I WANT MY FUCKING REVENGE AND MAYBE MY DEAD FATHER WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT IN THE DIRT FOR LONGER. MAYBE HE'LL LOOK DOWN AT ME AND UNDERSTAND. CAN'T YOU!? YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH JIMIN FOR-"

I whipped my head toward Jimin, whose eyes were wide as baseballs. "D-Did you h-hear that?" I stuttered, praying that he didn't. But, who was I to make such stupid hopes? He nodded. "Of course I did." He replied. "Did I hear it right?"

"N-N-No," I said, wishing that that was all it took to convince him. Jimin nodded and leaned back. "Is that what they were keeping from me?" He asked. Then shook his head. "More importantly, were they just... fighting?"

I shivered internally and stood up. "You," I said. "Don't get up." I walked to the door and opened it. Yoongi was gone. I stepped out and closed the door. "Jungkook, what the hell happened?" I asked. Jungkook glanced at me, then looked at the ground, looking like he'd just seen a ghost. Although, for him, that was a little normal. "You know Jimin and I heard everything, right?"

Jungkook turned around and walked away. I stepped back into Jimin's room. "What happened?" He asked. I shook my head. "I don't know."

"Did Jungkook seriously mention his father?"

"I think so."

"He never mentions that man. He never fights with Yoongi. What has the hostage done to him?"

I shook my head, feeling just as confused and dazed as Jimin. "I don't know," I said softly.

I stayed with Jimin for a few more hours before he fell asleep, making sure to push aside his questions about Yoongi's feelings for him. I didn't want to tell him anything and ruin Yoongi's mood for the rest of, well, life, but Jimin made that almost impossible. Almost impossible. I told him I would answer any other questions he had, as long as it wasn't about Yoongi.

So I told Jimin that after he poisoned himself, he and Yoongi had a talk, then killing the old nurse proved to be a miracle because then Taehyung came in and saved his life. Jimin seemed a little mad about the whole poison incident for some reason, but I didn't ask him about that. Maybe I would leave that to for the future to become a problem.

Basically, Jimin and I talked for a while before he got tired and I made him go to sleep. That's when I left the room to look for Yoongi. I needed to talk to him about what happened. And about Jimin. I gave him time to cool down, so now I need answers. I thought. I checked in his hospital room but he wasn't there. I took an elevator up to the floor with all the dorms and looked for mine. Yoongi shared a dorm with me but I was gone for a few days and when I got back, he wasn't in there, so maybe he'd be in there with the hopes he could just be alone.

I was wrong. He wasn't in our dorm either. I ran into someone along the way back to the elevators. "Sorry!" The girl said, rushed. "Careful," I said. She looked up at me with twinkling eyes and gasped. "OH MY GOSH! I'M SO SORRY! YOU'RE J-HOPE!"

I flinched at her loud voice. "Yep, that's my name. No need to worry though. I won't murder you for running into me. Be lucky I'm not Jungkook." The girl nodded hurriedly. "Yes, thank you."

"Why are you in a rush anyway?"

"I'm late past my curfew. I have one of those strict families." She said. "I wasn't keeping track of time, and- oh sorry, I'm rambling. It's just the video my friend took not too long ago in the med wing." She said. "I'm a little worried about what might happen if she posts it and I don't want her to get in trouble for spreading rumors, but now all my friends know, and- oh, gosh, I'm so sorry, I'll just go now."

The girl almost left, but I stopped her. "What video? In the med wing? When?" I asked. She widened her eyes. "Shit! I wasn't supposed to say that, I wasn't supposed to-"

"Explain," I said, adding a hint of sternness into my voice. She winced. "Oh please don't get my friend into trouble! I'll tell her to delete it!"

"What video?"

"She saw the gang leader and one of his closest second hands fighting! They looked scary, and then the one dude slapped the leader and walked off. I think he's gonna probably get himself executed that way. But then she ran away as soon as the leader turned around and saw her."

"He saw her? What did he do?"

"Nothing. She says she could almost see her life flash before her eyes. She couldn't hear what they were saying, but that she just heard shouting, looked out her window, and start taping."

"Window?"

"She has a broken wrist. She's in the hospital wing. That's where I just came from." The girl explained. I widened my eyes. "So there's no sound to the video?" I asked, praying for Jungkook and Yoongi that their fight was inaudible. She nodded. "Only muffled shouting." I could almost see her squirming under her skin. She was probably scared that she would get in huge trouble for being late.

"What room is she in?" I asked. She widened her eyes. "Oh please don't get her in trouble! Please don't punish her! I don't want to make Jungkook mad! I heard that the new hostage is a pain in the ass and he's probably already got enough to deal with, and, shit, he's so hot, and, oh, I'm rambling again- but anywho-" I rolled my eyes. "I said what room!" I said, my voice raised just a little.

The girl winced. "Room T34!" She exclaimed. I blinked and shot her a smile. "Thank you. Tell your parents that I'm the reason you're late. They'll understand, if they don't believe you, then tell them to talk to me."

"Oh! Thank you so much! I will! Gotta go! Bye!"

The girl ran off, practically leaving dust where she once was. I rolled my eyes. "Kids these days," I muttered under my breath. Did she seriously call Jungkook hot in front of me? I thought. Then shook my head to focus. Looks like I have a rumor to take care of.

Okay so normally I get like, thirty reads in twenty four hours, but I gotta be honest, MY HEAD FUCKING BLEW UP WHEN I FOUND OUT THIS BOOK GOT OVER EIGHTY READS IN UNDER TWELVE! THANKS GUYS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH ILLTRIPLEUPDATETOMAKEYOUGUYSHAPPY