Chapter Twenty Two

Yoongi Focus

Go Namsoon widened his eyes at me and then at the cliff. "How are we going to do that?" He asked. I looked up at the cliff and walked toward it. It looked like the cliff wall was rugged enough to use all the little ruts and rocks to grab onto. I tightened the grip of the backpack on my shoulders and felt for a good place to put my hand. Finding a rock that jutted out and testing it, I found another spot for my foot and pulled myself up. "We're going to scale the cliff," I said. "Without ropes." I heard murmurs of complaint behind me, but no one argued as they all walked up to the cliff wall and joined me. I reached out for another rock and pulled myself further up. This was a piece of cake, so far. I could make it.

The boys were always at my level, climbing with me, trying to make it to the top. About ten feet later, we were making good progress. It just seemed so easy, and that was good. We needed to get this done quickly. Jimin didn't have much time.

I reached for another rock and pulled myself up another foot. Then another. And another. I reached for another rut in the cliff and began to pull myself up, but as soon as the rock felt my weight, it crumpled in my hand and I almost fell. I caught another rock before I lost complete hold of the cliff and pulled my body close to the wall. Heart beating fast, breathing harshly, I closed my eyes. That was close.

Another ten feet later, and I was so close to the top. I reached for the edge of the cliff and propelled myself up. Both my hands reached the top and I pulled myself over the edge, finally being able to rest on the edge. I looked down over the side of the cliff to see how far below I once was. I smiled at how far I'd gotten. The other three, one by one, pulled themselves up after me and stood, panting at how far they'd made it.

"I am never doing that again." Go Namsoon said. "I seriously thought I was going to die." I grinned. "You may have to," I said. "How else are we going to get down?" Namsoon looked at me with a look of fear in his eyes. "I-I forgot about that." I turned around and saw something I never thought would be so easy to find. It was beautiful. Breathtaking.

In front of me and the others, was a whole field of brightly colored purple flowers with yellowish stems. There were hundreds of them. So many. It was beautiful. The bright colors decorating the crystal white snow was I sight that made me think of Jimin. I wanted to show him this. When I got back and he was better again, I was going to bring him to that pace.

"It's so... There are..." Kang Cheol said. "I can't believe there are so many. It's so pretty!" Jong Suk nodded in agreement. "We made it." He said, grinning happily. I nodded. "Now let's go get them. We're not done here yet. We have a mission to finish."

We started walking to the flowers, me gripping the bag tightly and ready to fill it up with the pretty purple beauties. I felt my legs turn into lead as we continued, and I figured it was from relief. We've been on this mission for ing enough. I thought.

Then my word turned back.

When I woke up next, I was met with a warm seat and a sweet smell. I sat up, my head feeling fuzzy and my vision blurry. "Wh-Whaaa..." Was all I could manage to breathe out. I was in a car. I could make out the seats and windows with what I could see. "Ey he's awake." Someone said. He turned around and smiled at me. "You passed out. You were too tired. I think you got the least sleep out of all of us. You'd been awake for too long." The one in the passenger seat up front said.

I nodded, rubbing my head. "How long was I out? What about the Himir? And..." I looked around. "Weren't there three of you?" The one smiling t me changed his expression quickly. "We have the Himir. But... " He looked down, sighing. "Go Namsoon... He's- He died. He had to save the bag of the Himir. But... He fell down the cliff before he could save himself as well."

I looked down. "Oh," I mumbled. "I-I'm sorry. I think I worked you all too hard." The one talking to me shook his head. "You were doing what you were ordered to. Now we're headed back. And by the way, It's been half a day since you passed out. But we're headed back now, and we'll get the Himir to Jungkook fast. He said he needed it within two days, right?"

My eyes widened as soon as he said how long I was asleep. "No! That's too long? What about Jimin? Oh no, he's probably dead now, and it's all my fault! All my fucking fault!" I started to panic. This wasn't okay. Jimin could die. He could be dead. This was not good. I felt my brain fuzz over again and the edges of my vision turned grey. The last thing I saw was the look of confusion on the man's face as I fell asleep again.

Boom. By the end of the week. As promised.

Yeah this shit just came out randomly. I had the smallest bit of inspiration by listening to "intense dramatic music" on YouTube and tried to hang on to that to write this shitty chapter. Sorry it's so badly written. If there are things in there that don't make sense or words and phrases that seem repetitive, I'll probably go fix them later. Thanks for reading! I'm at about 300 reads so I'll double update for today.