Chapter Twelve

Jungkook Focus

At around ten at night, I went back to the medical wing to find the prisoner. I had arranged that no one was allowed to head to the prisoner wing, even to take food to the hostage or let him have a break. I told them I would take care of that, hoping they wouldn't get suspicious. If they came down, they would find out that the hostage isn't even held in the prison wing.

I walked out of the elevator and into the medical wing and searched for Jimin's room. Upon finding it, I turned the doorknob and pushed my way in.

I saw Taehyung doing something with Jimin's leg wearing an apron-like gown and Yoongi sleeping peacefully on Jimin's other side, head laid on the bed. The hostage didn't look up at me, nor did he seem to notice I was there. Either he was really focused, or he was ignoring me. I walked over behind him and looked over his shoulder at what he was doing.

Taehyung was stitching up a patch of skin in Jimin's thigh. I looked to my left and saw a tray that had a bullet in it, covered with blood. "Is he okay?" I asked. Taehyung didn't say anything. He just kept stitching. Slightly annoyed, I cleared my throat. "I asked you a question," I said, my voice a little louder.

The prisoner stitched another piece of the skin and set his tools down carefully. Then looked up at me. "I'm working, can't you see that?" He said, glaring at me. I glared back. "You're just stitching up his leg. You can talk at the same time. Ever heard of multitasking?"

"Look, bud. If I-"

"I'm not your bud."

"If I mess up once, I could-"

"What? What would happen? You are literally just stitching Jimin up again. Even if you don't do it right, he's not going to die." I said, rolling my eyes. Taehyung made a face at the floor that said otherwise. I tilted my head. "Unless he..." I sort of asked that as a question. Taehyung shook his head.

"He poisoned himself." He said.

"WHAT!?" I shouted. "What do you mean!?"

Taehyung glanced at Yoongi, alarmed. My friend was still sleeping. He looked back at me, glaring. "Keep it down, geez." He said. "He asked the nurse to put a patch over his wound. Since it was over open skin, the poison found his blood system faster, therefore he will die faster." I was about to say something before he interjected. "That is if I can't make the antidote."

I blinked. Antidote? There's a way to heal patch poison? "What do you need?" I asked urgently. Taehyung sighed. "I found everything but one ingredient. It is absolutely one of the most important ones, but I need it, and fast. He has only three days left, at most."

"What is it?" I asked, more of an order than a question. Taehyung grinned. "If you can get it before his time is up, I need a rare flower called Himir. It's purple with three petals, and its stem is more of a yellow color rather than your typical green." I nodded. "You finish up. I will send someone tomorrow morning. I'll be back in fifteen minutes to get you."

Taehyung shrugged. "Unless you need to do something, you can stay here. I'll only be five to ten more minutes. As long as you don't bother me..." He trailed off, looking back at Jimin's leg. "Go ahead. I won't speak." I said. I walked to a chair on the side of the room and watched Taehyung focus and pick up his tools again.

The hostage got right back to his work, and for the next five minutes, I watched his face more than I watched his hands. I observed how his lip pressed into a firm line as he stared downward at the work he was doing. His face almost stayed like that the entire time, until he finished and smiled brightly, obviously proud of himself.

I almost smiled at how cute it was but remembered I was a gang leader, and I wasn't going to fall for this guy. I was going to get rid of him soon. Taehyung got up and carried his tools over to the cabinet on the side of the room. He took his apron off and placed it in the trash, then pulled his gloves off and tossed those away as well.

Next washed his hands and walked back to Jimin to cover him with a blanket. Then he picked up the tray. He tediously cleaned that as well. And put the bullet in a tiny container to be tested and stored.

I was bored out of my mind, tired, and slightly impatient when Taehyung was ready to leave. I brought him through the hallway and to the elevators, then down to my floor. We reached it and when the elevator door opened, I stepped out and pulled Taehyung with me. "For now, you get the floor," I said. "And I'm giving you something to change into. You haven't changed the whole time you were here."

"Well it's not like I was able to, now was I?" Taehyung retorted. I rolled my eyes at his immediate defense and walked to my closet. I pulled out some pajamas and a towel then pointed toward the bathroom door. "Take your time."

I walked to my bed and laid down for a few moments. Then I got up and grabbed some pajamas for myself. I quickly changed into them while Taehyung was in the bathroom. While I was pulling my shirt off, I heard the bathroom door open behind me. "Hey I was-" I heard the door shut quickly, cutting Taehyung off, and I chuckled to myself. He must be pretty shy. I thought.

I finished changing and laid back in bed. The door opened again and Taehyung peeked through. "i-I wanted to know why you are being so nice to me." He said. I frowned at the ceiling. "Nice?" I asked. Taehyung nodded, from what I could see in my periphery. "Yeah." He said.

I sat up and stared at him. "You think I'm being nice? Trust me, you have not seen my nice, and you never will."

"Then why am I here?"

"Do you want to go back to the closet?"

"No. I-I've just been with worse people, that's all."

I stared at him a few moments longer before he closed the door and disappeared again. I heard the shower turn on and smiled to myself uncontrollably. Then after like, five seconds, I slapped myself. "What the fuck is wrong with me?"

🗿🗿🗿

I got over a hundred reads, thanks hoes. I love you all thanks for getting this far!