Chapter Thirty One

Taehyung Focus

I slowly opened my eyes to see only white in front of me. I frowned and backed up a bit. The white was only Jungkook's shirt. I sat up and stretched, trying not to get teary-eyed again after remembering what happened the night before. "Morning." I heard below me. I looked down and Jungkook was facing up now, eyes still closed. I remembered him letting me cry- more like moan and sob- into his shoulder when he brought me back to his room.

"Th-Thank you." I said. Jungkook opened his eyes and looked at me. "For what?"

"You let me stay and listen to Jin."

"So that's his name. Uh, mind explaining what all that was? I'm kind of confused." I nodded. "Well, Jin-"

Jungkook pulled me back down to a lying position again. I was practically laying on top of him. "Can't hear you. Lay down." I nodded, swallowing and moving away a little. I was still kind of close to him. Only a few centimeters apart. "Jin was my mother figure when I was taken away from the Tiger Gang about four years ago."

"Why didn't you tell him it was you?"

"I didn't want him to cry. That would make me cry."

"You did cry."

"It would make me cry harder."

"Oh. What about Namjoon? I heard a lot about him. Isn't he a gang leader too?"

I closed my eyes, remembering everything Namjoon did for me. Sending me away was his last blessing to me, sort of. "He was Jin's boyfriend. Naturally, he was like a father. He has done so much for me, and I don't think I can ever repay him enough."

"But didn't he try to trade you for Jin?" Jungkook asked.

"Like here, if anyone in the gang found out how special I was to Namjoon, hostage and all, they would come to kill me, and he could get some bad dirt on his name. So he did it only to protect me." I said. "He told me that you guys would try to steal Jin back as you did. He told me that if you do, to tell Jin he's coming."

Jungkook opened his eyes and turned onto his side again to face me. "I see. That makes sense. So did you tell Jin?"

"No."

"You should probably do that then."

I laid quietly in my spot, looking away from Jungkook. I didn't want to tell Jin that it was me. I was here in hell, in a way. I really didn't want to make Jin feel sad for me and cry. I just shifted onto my other side, facing away from Jungkook. I wasn't expecting what happened next.

I felt Jungkook's arms slip around my waist and squeeze. "You look like you need a hug." He said. "By the way, it's like, 4:30 in the morning. What do you do to wake up so early?" He asked. I shrugged. "It used to be from the nightmares. Now it's just force of habit."

"Nightmares?"

"Yeah. About... that place... They disappeared a few nights ago and I've been able to sleep soundly."

"Only a few nights ago? Why?" I actually didn't think about that. I think it was because I was in Jungkook's room. ...And maybe... I don't know. I felt safer when I was with Jungkook- gang leader and captor or not. I shrugged. I wasn't about to tell him that. We sat in silence, and as it rolled on, I started to really notice how close Jungkook was. I shifted a lot, but he didn't let go of me. He only kept me close to him. So we just laid there, Jungkook's arms tightly wrapped around me, nuzzling my back, and me wondering why the hell I didn't want him to stop.

"Hey, you know what?" He asked, a few moments later. I looked over my shoulder at him. His eyes were still closed. "I need to show you something." He said. He let go of me and sat up. My stomach, though clothed, felt cold in the absence of his muscular arms.