Chapter Thirteen

Yoongi Focus

I woke up next to Jimin in his bed. He was awake and smiling at me, stroking my hair. I blinked. Is he okay now? Did Taehyung finish? Where is he? I wondered. I sat up, blinking the sleep out of my eyes. "Did you sleep well?" Jimin asked. "You look well rested." His smile was happy and angelic. Adorable. His pink hair just made him look fluffier.

"Did you just ask me that?" I asked. "What about you? Are you okay? Do you feel any better?"

Jimin giggled, making me blush slightly. "I feel much better. Happier, even. Will I be cleared from the medical wing soon?" Jimin asked. I shook my head. "That is for the medic to decide. I don't know where Taehyung went, but until he clears you, I don't think it's a good idea to even get up." I replied, earning a pout from the pink haired angel in front of me.

"Hey," I complained. "Don't give me that face, you know I'm weak for you." Jimin grinned. "Yes, I know." He laughed, and I just sat in my chair, a blushing mess. While I was slightly embarrassed, a smile still played on my lips. Jimin's laughter eventually died down and silence rolled in.

"So..." I began, breaking the awkwardness. "About what happened. When I killed the-"

"Please don't mention that." Jimin interrupted, a grimace present on his face. "I don't like it." I nodded. "We still need to talk about that," I said. "I want to know where we are going."

Jimin's smile didn't return. He just looked pained. "Look." He said. "I think the night that it happened when we kissed, I felt the same as you. In fact, I still do. It's just that..." Jimin blinked a few times and sniffled. "Neither of us know how much longer I'm going to live. I could die at any day now. I don't want to play with your heart, so starting something with you would be pointless."

I felt a pang in my chest. "It won't be pointless," I said. "Every moment I spend with you will be something I can remember forever. I want to live happily with you, and if you're going to die, I want to be with you in your last moments."

"That's not how it works. You know well enough that if you spend more time with me, the more painful it will be when I-"

"You won't die, okay?" I said, suddenly stern. I couldn't tell him about Taehyung's antidote. It wouldn't be smart. I couldn't give Jimin time to think about whether he wanted it or not. He would only turn it away. I got up and stroked his hair, then pulled his blankets up close to him.

"Go to sleep," I said. "I will go get the medic to check on you."

And with that, I left Jimin in his room, without another word.

I leaned against the wall on the other side of Jimin's door and pulled out my phone. I dialed Jungkook's number and called him. No answer. I called him at least two more times before I got impatient and headed toward the elevators, leaving a text for him. I didn't know why he wouldn't answer me, but I had to be prepared for whatever was down in his room. Jungkook never ignored a call from me. Ever.

I hopped into Jungkook's elevator when it opened and pressed the button for his level. I was a little nervous that he would get mad at me but we were close. It would be just fine. I checked my phone for any notifications. None. What the fuck? I thought. The elevator dinged at the same time my phone did.

Yes, Yoongi, I'm alive. Don't come downstairs.

And then the doors opened. I was totally screwed.

I had only been to the bottom level of the subway system once. That was when the previous leader had been killed and we had to clear the bedroom of his personal belongings. After Jungkook had moved in and been declared leader, no one had ever been down there again except for him.