Chapter Twenty Four

Sorry, this chapter may be a bit boring.

Jungkook Focus

I walked out to the train crash site out of rumors that Yoongi had arrived. Upon receiving a text from one of my gang members, Hoseok, I knew it had to be true. Hoseok was one of my most trustworthy companions, much like Yoongi, but after the trade days ago, he said he had some family issues and left. To see a single text from the boy was like a miracle because that meant he was probably back. His family wasn't a part of the gang, so Hoseok had to go out into the city and pretend like he was just an innocent ball of sunshine who wasn't in a gang- which, by the way, was really easy for him.

The reason his text was a miracle was that he was always loyal and got jobs done, of course, so his coming back would make life easier. Also, he was my very best friend and I felt like I could tell him anything because he wouldn't judge, tell, make fun of me, or betray me. I really wanted to tell him about the hostage to see if I was crazy. He would tell me that my thoughts were really just temporary and all it was that I had with him would be gone the moment I sent him away.

Is that really what you want though? I wondered, but immediately pushed the thought aside when I saw the car in the small cave-like area. Someone climbed out of the driver's side and pulled off his hood. It wasn't Yoongi. "Where's Suga?" I asked. "He lead the mission, he should be the one to brief me."

"He's asleep and we can't wake him up. He's not dead, but I don't think it's a coma."

Oh, jeez. Not him too. "Did you get what was needed?"

The driver turned toward the car and nodded to whoever was in the passenger's seat. Out came another of the triplet from the car. He held up a large bag that was so full it looked like it was going to burst. "It's the Himir." He said. I nodded. "Where's the other of you?" I asked, not even bothering with names. I couldn't tell who was who, nor did I care. "I remember sending a group of four. Is he sleeping too?"

The two standing outside the car exchanged a sorrow glance and then stared at the floor. The one from the driver's seat spoke. "H-He didn't make it."

I blinked. Oh.

Oh.

"We'll hold a ceremony for him later. I'll let you all take time off for a while to do that. What happened to Suga?" I asked. The passenger seat man opened a seat in the back and motioned toward the inside. I walked over and climbed in, seeing the sleeping Suga sprawled out across all three seats. I shook his shoulder, poked his face, pulled his hair, but to no avail. He would not wake up. I laid two fingers on his neck and sure enough, there was a heartbeat. "Help me move him to the hospital wing," I ordered. The twins came over, picked up the unconscious Yoongi, and I lead them to the hospital wing through my elevator.

Next, I was going to have to go get Taehyung, which was something I didn't want to do. I didn't want to explain what happened the night before when I yelled at him and ran into the bathroom to hide. I couldn't believe I let it slip that he was going to the Tiger Gang. I never ever let my guard down for anyone except for Hoseok. I couldn't trust the hostage, and I let my walls fall down completely.

I shook my head. There were two people waiting for Taehyung to check them. I needed to go get him. I just hope they got here in enough time to save Jimin. I thought. 

Oof I got like, almost 40 more reads overnight, which is a lot for this book. Thanks for reading!