Chapter Twenty

Taehyung Focus

I opened my eyes and felt someone pulling my hair back and playing with it. I opened my eyes wider and saw I was in Jungkook's room. In his bed. His bed. My head was pounding and I felt like I was on fire, I was burning up so bad. I felt something cold on my forehead and reached up to touch it. It was a cold, wet, washcloth, making my face feel cooler.

"You're awake." Came a voice above me. I looked up and immediately regretted doing so. Pain shot up my neck and my head seared. "What happened?" I asked tiredly. "I'm not sure." The voice said. Don't try to move yet. You have a fever."

The voice moved the washcloth and placed a hand on my forehead. "You're only getting worse. I wish I knew what medicines you need, but you are the only one here who would know. While you were asleep, I checked on Jimin. He won't wake up."

I suddenly remembered the boy I was looking after. Jimin. I thought. I have to check his wound. And see if the poison is doing anything yet. I tried to sit up. The voice above me pushed me back down by my shoulders. "I said don't move." It took me a little while, but I finally realized that the only person who could be here in Jungkook's room with me was Jungkook himself. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

"I told you. Because you're sick. Do you not remember what happened the last time you woke up?"

"No."

"Oh. Well, I guess that's good, honestly."

"What happened?"

"You passed out again."

"Again?"

"Yes, that was the second time." Jungkook stopped playing with my hair and got off the bed. Then he kneeled down next to it so he was level with my face. I turned my head in his direction to see. "I want to know why you were freaking out, but asking about it might make you freak out again. Can I make you promise that you will be calm?" Jungkook asked.

"What was I freaking out about?"

Jungkook ignored the question and just raised his eyebrows at me. I sighed, then coughed. My throat was really sore. "You okay?" Jungkook asked. I nodded slowly. "I promise I won't freak out. Now, what happened?"

"You were terrified because of this. I didn't really say anything. You just jumped to the conclusion without knowing. You thought I would send you to the Tiger Gang." Jungkook explained. He pressed the cloth back to my forehead gently. Some water leaked out and ran over my face. It felt so good.

"Why are you so scared of the Tiger Gang?" Jungkook asked. I closed my eyes, remembering the horrible memories I got from there. For eight years, I was stuck there, wishing for death over anything else.

"Taehyung?" I heard Jungkook's voice and I opened my eyes again. "You're breathing fast again. Are you okay?"

I looked around to find something I could hold onto, like a pillow, but upon doing so, I realized I wasn't wearing a shirt. My eyes went so wide, and I felt the color drain from my face. "Taehyung?" Came Jungkook's voice again. Ignoring my pain, I moved away from him so quickly, to protect myself, pulling my blankets close again. "Taehyung, what's going on? I'm not going to hurt you."

I shook my head wildly. He climbed onto the bed and I felt my heart pound again. "G-Get a-aw-away f-from me!" I shouted. Jungkook didn't even flinch. Instead, he wore a stern frown on his face and he climbed on top of me, trapping my arms to either side of my head. He didn't remove the blanket though.

"Tell me what's going on," Jungkook said sternly. "Every time I bring it up, you get so scared you pass out. If it happens again, I won't know how to avoid it. You're sick because of it. Just tell me what the hell is wrong!"