Chapter Seventy Five

Hoseok Focus

Yoongi and I were in our dorm, packing a week's worth of clothes for the trip.

Flashback

"We're leaving."

I blinked and stared at Jungkook. "You're-you're leaving- you're what!?"

"I know this is sudden but we need it. There's nothing left for us here and I know for a fact that anyone here would be a better leader than me."

"That's only true if you leave so soon after a fight!"

"We both know I can't deal with this position. I'm too young to be witnessing so much death and suffering through so much torture. I have found the love of my life, for god's sake, and he's already been through so much. I can't keep him here and I can't lose him. If anything, he's in more danger staying here than leaving and exploring."

I sighed and looked down. "Okay, maybe I get it," I muttered. "But who are you going to leave the gang to?"

"I don't know. Whoever fights for it I guess. I'm scared to go up there on the platform and tell them I'm bailing out. They'll want to kill me and once they find out that I fell in love with Tae, they'll be so angry. He was the reason the tiger gang came here anyway. You know how many deaths that makes me responsible for? God, I'm such a coward, but I don't want them to kill Tae."

"You aren't responsible. You can't hold yourself responsible for the deaths of all those people."

"But I'm holding Tae here. I kept him in the first place."

"Jungkook," I said. "That doesn't mean anything. None of that shit was your fault."

Jungkook averted his eyes and sighed. The bathroom door opened and Taehyung walked out, drying his hair with a towel. Jungkook's tired eyes sparkled and he wore an exhausted smile. "Hey baby, feeling better?" He asked, reaching out and pulling him close by his waist. Taehyung nodded, smiling at him.

I felt sorry that their relationship had to be so complicated due to their situations. "Hey Tae," I greeted the boy. Then I sighed and began to make my way out of the room. "Jungkook, Yoongi and I are going to come with you okay?" I said. "Not all the way, but just to a certain point. We need to find someone in my hometown."

"Okay," Jungkook said, as Taehyung yawned and rested his sleepy head in Jungkook's shoulder. I left the two alone to do whatever they wanted to do and began my way back to Yoongi.

End Flashback

"So where exactly are we going anyway?" Yoongi asked. "Are we coming back?" I shrugged. "Do you want to?"

"No." Yoongi answered curtly as he zipped his backpack. "Everything here reminds me of him. I can't stay, it hurts too much."

I nodded. "Then we'll leave for good. We'll go get my little sister and run to a place we can hide for the rest of our lives with no scarring memories or painful reminders."

Yoongi nodded. "Do we need guns?" I shook my head. "Hopefully not."

"Are we still bringing some?"

"Yes. We can't just not bring our guns, we're going back to get my sister."

"Alright then." Yoongi packed a couple loaded magazines into his pocket and hid his gun in the waistline if his pants. "Let's go, the other two are probably waiting for us."

"Yeah, lets go."

Yoongi and I left our shared dorm for the last time and took the elevator down to the main level. We walked out hand in hand to the parking lot and found Taehyung and Jungkook whispering to each other right next to the car, almost kissing.

We walked up to them. "Let's go," I said. Taehyung opened his eyes calmly and Jungkook pressed a kiss to his lips before opening his door and letting him in. Yoongi and I climbed into the back seats and once Jungkook was situated in the driver's seat and started the car, we all shared one look with each other and were on our way.

So the plan was to leave. Obviously. Jungkook would drop Yoongi and I off at the hospital so my friend Jackson could come with Yoongi and me because he agreed to be our getaway driver. He wanted to run away too. Said he had a crazy ex girlfriend but I knew he just wanted to be a part of the cool kids.

Next, Jackson would drive us to my house in his car. Yoongi and I would go in and talk to my sister and get her out of there somehow, then we would all get back in and drive off to god knows where and live a happily ever after.

End of story.

[future me: I think I added this long pause to scare you. I'm so dumb lmao]

When Jungkook dropped us off at the hospital, he and Taehyung got out of the car to give us hugs and leave. Jungkook whispered in my ear as he hugged me. "Hoseok, you are the best man anyone could ever ask to know." He pulled away. "And I pray that we aren't separating paths forever on this day."

"God, Kooks," I breathed out, almost crying. "You've been the best little shit I've ever known- don't make me fucking cry, bitch." Jungkook laughed half-heartedly and walked over to Yoongi.

When Tae came over to me, he threw his arms over my shoulder and and almost knocked me over. When he loosened his grip and backed up to look me in the face, he was crying.

"Thank you for being there while I was feeling suicidal," he said. "I love you and hope to see you again."

I tried not to cry, but it was too much. Tae bringing me back to the dark times was so sad. It was unimaginable that someone who has suffered as much as Taehyung, who didn't deserve any of it, and remained with hope until the light of his life disappeared was very depressing. Someone as innocent and happy as the boy standing in front of me in that moment should not have suffered thoughts of suicide. I couldn't imagine what he would be like if Jungkook had died in the Tiger Gang.

I let out a tear- maybe two- as Taehyung smiled at me. "I love you too little bear," I said. "I want you to always be happy and if Jungkook starts acting like a little shit, call me and I'll come beat his ass."

Taehyung giggled and Jungkook came over, slipping his arm around him. Yoongi secured his backpack around his shoulders and stepped closer to me. Time to go.

"Goodbye Taehyung, goodbye Jungkook." I said. "I don't know if we'll see each other in the future but I hope we do. I'll really miss you guys." Yoongi nodded along, as if to say, "me too." Jungkook had a tear rolling down his face, but he looked happy as ever and had his arms tight around Taehyung, who smiled happily and waved one last time.

I grabbed Yoongi's hand, something I found comforted me regardless of my old feelings. I looked at his face. He was crying. "You'll miss them too huh?"

"Of course I'll miss them!" Yoongi said, exasperated. "But that's not why I'm crying."

"Why are you crying."

"Because Taehyung told me Jimin's last words."

I squeezed his hand to comfort him. "What were they?"

Yoongi paused and smiled at the ground where his tears fell. "Tell Yoongi that if he doesn't move on, I'm gonna kill him."

I smiled at Yoongi. I could feel Jimin's presence in the back of my mind and made a silent promise to him that I'd never let Yoongi forget it. I tugged on Yoongi's hand and we turned around and walked into the building.

And that was the last we ever saw of Jungkook and Taehyung.

*cries along with readers*