Chapter Nine

Jimin Focus

How do I say this? I wondered. I wasn't prepared to give Yoongi this piece of news.

"Please say something," Yoongi said. "I want to know if I just wasted my time or if this was worth the confession." I didn't know how to reply to that. It only made me feel less prepared and more nervous. A little embarrassed too. Why did he have to put me on the spot like that? I thought.

"Yoongi hyung..." I said. "I'm so sorry." Yoongi's face melted and I mentally facepalmed. I watched as the hope drained out of his face and his hard,  guarded expression returned. "I-I'm sorry for telling you this now. I should have done it earlier. Before something as bad as this happened." Yoongi said. He got up and started walking toward the door.

"No, wait!" I said. Yoongi stopped and turned toward me slowly, his expression placid. "Yes?" He asked. I closed my eyes. "That's not what I meant," I said. "I-I'm sorry I did this. I didn't know you would have cared." Yoongi nodded and turned around. "S'fine." He shrugged and he continued to the door. I cursed at myself for not being able to put my thoughts and feelings into words.

"No!" I shouted. "Yoongi, come here," I said sternly. My only thoughts were trained on one thing. Yoongi blinked, and walked back to my bed. I pointed to the spot on my bed where he sat earlier and mustered up all the courage I could for my next move. Yoongi sat down and I grabbed his wrist, making him lose his balance. Then I yanked his shirt toward me and kissed him.

I felt Yoongi tense up. He wasn't ready for this either, but he didn't stop, and I wasn't going to either. I heard the door open and we immediately sprang apart. Yoongi kept trying to get my attention, but I wouldn't look at him. The hostage that saved me in the car a while ago was standing in the room, red as a tomato and trying to speak.

"What are you doing here?" Yoongi asked him scarily. The hostage stuttered. "I-I was brought here b-by your l-leader to work on h-his le-leg." He said. "If you two want, I can leave for a few minutes."

I was about to nod and let him leave, but Yoongi shook his head. "Do you know what you're doing?" He asked. The prisoner shrugged. "What happened?" He asked. Yoongi moved and gestured for the hostage to come forth. "Take a look yourself." He said.

The boy at the door walked over to me and carefully unwrapped the bandage off my leg. "There's nothing much you can do," I said. "You'll only be wasting your time."

"That's what they all say." The hostage muttered under his breath. I caught the words and frowned. "What did you say?" I asked. "Nothing." Said the boy hovering over me. I frowned. I don't know why, but I liked this one. "What's your name?" I asked.

"Taehyung. I'll have your wound fixed soon." The prisoner said, then quietly, he added. "Should be a piece of cake."

Taehyung told Yoongi and I the basic plan of action after examining the wound thoroughly. Turns out, he knew a lot about how to pull bullets out of people and heal and shit. I wondered how he learned it. Taehyung was going to inject me with something that would make me sleepy, and once I was sleeping, he would work on getting the bullet out.

Ten minutes later, I was yawning at least fifteen times a minute and could barely keep my eyes open. "Is he sleeping yet?" I heard Yoongi ask. I closed my eyes, feeling cold. "Yeah, I think so," Taehyung said. "Now, before I do anything, you seem like a reasonable person to ask for permission."

"What for?" I heard Yoongi say. I was so tired, but I wanted to hear what Taehyung had to say. "About the poison," Taehyung said. "I know how to get rid of it, but it's a risky operation. I wanted to ask you if I could do it."

Yeah, I just went back to read this and check through it, and realized that there is still a dead nurse in that room whoops?😂