Chapter Forty Six

Taehyung Focus

I woke up to the sounds of ruffling. Jungkook was still sleeping peacefully beside me, which made me feel calm. I closed my eyes again, feeling warm and sleepy. I was wearing a shirt again, which was lazily retrieved in the middle of the night when I got cold. We had spent most of our time in the night talking and kissing and basically just doing what normal people do, and eventually dozed off. It was nice, living like this. At least, to an extent.

Suddenly, I heard a sneeze and a loud whisper. "Shit!" I sat bolt upright to see J-Hope and Jimin standing guiltily by the bed. Their eyes went wide when I caught them. "What are you guys doing down here?" I asked quietly, grateful that the commotion didn't wake Jungkook up. He must have been pretty tired. "U-Uhh..." Jimin whispered. Hoseok sighed. "We can tell him." Jimin glanced at him, then back at me.

"Come with us, quickly. Before he wakes up." He said, gesturing to my boyfriend. "We can't talk here?" I asked. Hoseok almost laughed, but caught himself. "Are you kidding me? I swear he can hear everything in his sleep. It's a miracle he's not awake now, especially if there are threats against you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. Threats against me? Jimin shook his head. "No time. Let's go before he actually wakes up." I got out of  bed, slipped on a pair of sweats, thankful that the shirt was to my knees, almost. I headed to the elevator doors. "Won't the elevator make a sound?" I asked. Hoseok shook his head. "We disabled the dinging," He whispered. "Let's go," He pressed the button and the three of us stepped into the elevator and headed up.

"What's going on?" I asked, finally able to speak louder than a whisper. Jimin smiled. "We're setting up a gift," He said. I frowned. Gift? What for? "Oh my g- did Jungkook not tell you?" Hoseok asked. I shook my head. "Tell me what?"

"Tomorrow's his birthday- well, more like today. It's two-thirty in the morning. He's turning seventeen."

"What?"

"Seventeen."

I looked at the floor, wide eyed. And he didn't fuckin tell me? I thought. "What's the gift?" I asked. Jimin grinned. "Wanna help us put it together?" He asked. "It's a board of pictures we've all taken together and collected over the years, but that's more of a fake gift." I frowned. "What's the real thing?"

"That's the cool part. He has to figure out the pattern in the pictures and figure out where he needs to go to find it. It's a gift his father had set to give to him when he turned seventeen."

"What is it though?"

"No idea. He just left it in his will, and when we went over it, he gave specific instructions of when and where to open it, and that Jungkook can't know about it till he gets it." Jimin said. I smiled. "That's sweet. Where are we gonna send him?"

"That's the pattern in the pictures. We have pictures of us all in different places. Most of the pictures will be from in the medical wing. Yoongi doesn't know it yet, but he has to tell Jungkook to go to the subway crash, but he has to be like, super cryptic."

"And is that where the gift will be?"

"Nope." Hoseok said. The elevator opened and we stepped out into the medical wing. "We aren't going to stop there. We're going to make it really difficult for him. Watching him try to figure it out will make up for the trouble he's given us. Geez, you won't believe how hard it was to raise him this long."

I laughed. "Stubborn Kookie."

"Exactly. We have to tape it for Yoongi though. He won't want to be up until... Five-ish?"

"AM? Doesn't sound bad to m-"

"PM." Jimin said, sounding regretful. I didn't reply to that.

We walked out to the subway crash site and picked a spot in front of the front car. The crashed one. Hoseok pulled a backpack off his shoulders and set it down. Then he pulled out a bright yellow envelope and set it on the track under the railing. He pulled out another thing from his bag- a small leather-bound box- and set it with the envelope.