Three Years Later

Jungkook shifted comfortably in his large bed and blinked open his sleepy eyes. Golden, glowing sunlight poured into the room like sweet honey, warming the place up. Another body in the room moved around and stretched as he woke up. Jungkook smiled and nuzzled his nose into the boy's neck.

"Good morning Taehyung," he mumbled into his smooth skin. He pressed a soft kiss below his ear and smiled tiredly. "Morning Kookie," Taehyung said. Jungkook tightened his arms around the pretty boy and buried his head into his shoulder, breathing in his scent.

"Let's go make breakfast," Taehyung suggested. Jungkook hummed. "Maybe in a bit," he spoke softly. "I like this feeling."

Taehyung tangled his finger in Jungkook's hair and played with it. "Okay," He said. "But only five minutes. I'm hungry."

Jungkook hummed and smiled deeper. He felt euphoric. (yes. I too, have succumbed to the use of that word) [i hate myself] The life he had very much wanted was securely in his grasp. He had everything he wanted- to live with Taehyung for the rest of his life and to wake up and see him happy every morning.

Jungkook sat up and stretched, then stood up and walked to Taehyung's side of the bed, holding his hand out for his beloved to take. Taehyung sat up and grabbed Jungkook's hand, lacing his fingers loosely with the other's.

They walked to the kitchen together and started grabbing stuff to make pancakes. Jungkook grabbed the bowls and measuring utensils while Taehyung retrieved the ingredients and recipe.

That was how it worked every Saturday morning. They got up and walked to the kitchen to make the same pancakes every week. After they discovered the existence of pancakes, they vowed to have them at least once every week. Neither had had the luxury in their lives before running away.

The two worked in peaceful silence, happy to be in each other's presence. While Taehyung worked the pancakes on the griddle, Jungkook made the bacon and eggs. Once everything was all made and the table was set, they sat down and began to eat.

The table was a small, round oak table set next to a window that had a view of the woods. They sat across from each other every morning when they ate breakfast.

"I can't believe we've made it this far," Jungkook said, staring at Taehyung in amazement. Taehyung giggled. "You say that every morning," he stated. "And we've lived here for three years. How are you still surprised?"

Jungkook took another bite, pondering his next answer. His fingers were still set between Taehyung's on the table. He swallowed his bite. "All my life I thought I'd never be good at anything and look at me now," he said. "I've got a job at a big company and have been able to keep us in a pretty house far away from what used to be home. You are healthier than you've ever been in your life and that makes me happy. I've lived longer than I thought I would. I used to tell myself, when I was younger, that I didn't deserve good things. I had to avenge my father's death and move on. I thought that killing so many people and having to live with that would make it impossible for me to lead a good life. I thought I was never going to be happy."

Jungkook lifted Taehyung's hand and pressed a kiss to his knuckles, smiling sheepishly. "But I have you," He said. "The greatest and most lucky man in the world would have been lucky to end up with you, and I get to have you." Jungkook smiled so big and wide. "I still don't think I deserve you," he admitted truthfully. "But all I want is for you to be happy."

Taehyung blushed a light pink. "You do make me happy," he said. "No one in the world could make me feel this happy and safe and loved."

"Well then I guess I'm doing everything right," Jungkook said with a grin. "Especially if I can still make you blush like that- even after three years."