Chapter Twenty Three

Taehyung Focus

Jungkook woke me up in the middle of the night hurriedly. His eyes were wide and sweat dripped down his forehead and neck. He motioned me to follow him and I slowly sat up, blinking the sleep out of my eyes. "What time is it?" I asked tiredly. Jungkook shook his head wildly. "It's Jimin!" He almost yelled. I scrambled out of the bed and to the elevator with Jungkook. On the seemingly slow ride up, I noticed Jungkook tapping his foot and biting his lip nervously. "What happened?" I asked. Jungkook looked at me, then back at the doors, tapping his foot faster. "I woke up from a dream and felt odd about it, so I went to check on Jimin. Almost as soon as I walked into his room he started shaking and choking and trying to breathe, but it didn't look like he was awake."

The elevator opened and we ran to Jimin's hospital room. I busted the door open and glanced at Jimin's vitals. His heart was beating way too fast and his blood pressure was extremely high. I hurried to the cabinets and grabbed an emergency poultice I made a while ago. Then I hurriedly grabbed a syringe and needle and poured the poultice into it, ran back to Jimin, and stabbed the needle into his chest.

After that, Jimin stopped shaking and convulsing. His movements reduced to a light twitching and his heartbeat began to lower along with his blood pressure. The panic in my head slowly left and I sighed in relief. "What did you do?" I jumped at the sound of Jungkook's voice. "How long do you think he's been like this?" I asked him, not turning to look at him.

"He started this when I walked in. Then after that, I would say five minutes later is when you did... Whatever you did."

"I gave him an injection that will hopefully strengthen his immune system a little. There's no guarantee that it will work for long, so if Suga doesn't come back by afternoon tomorrow, Jimin could-"

"Let's go."

I chose that moment to turn around and face Jungkook. He was looking down, so I couldn't see his face. He grabbed my wrist and yanked me along with him. I almost fell, but after regaining my balance, I followed along with him. "What's going to happen when Jimin's okay again?" I asked. "What do you mean?"

"There won't be any reason for me to still be in your room every night except to nurse Jimin back to health. What's going to happen when he is?" Jungkook was silent after that, so I decided it was best that I didn't ask again. When we made it back to his room, it was easy for me to fall asleep again. For Jungkook, that was a different story.

I was awoken again by someone shaking my shoulder. I turned and looked over my shoulder to see the gang leader, sweat dripping down his forehead and neck. "What do you want now?" I asked impatiently. "I will only get better if I sleep as much as I can."

"Don't talk to me that way. You're a hostage. And if you're that annoyed, then nevermind. Go back to sleep." Jungkook said sternly. I laid my head back down and tried to sleep again. I couldn't. Dammit, Fuck you Jungkook. "What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked. Jungkook sighed. "You're tired and uninterested. Just go back to sleep."

By then I was already curious, so I sat up and leaned against the headboard of the bed and got situated before squinting at Jungkook. I stared him down with my tired squint until he had enough. "What?" He asked. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm waiting for you to tell me what's wrong."

"You don't even care."

"You don't know that."

"You hate me."

"You don't know that either," I said, feeling a small stab in my heart for some reason. "Look, Jungkook. You helped me get better, so the least I can do is help you with yours. Tell me what the fuck is wrong. I promise I'm a good listener."

"That's the other problem."

"What?"

"You're a good listener, meaning you could hold any of the things I tell you against me."

"Why would I do that?"

"You could tell the Tiger gang the reasons I'm trading you to them and then they won't even bother with the alliance."

My heart sunk. My head spun. My hands shook. My eyes teared up. I was absolutely not okay.

"Tae?" Jungkook asked my name. "Taehyung are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost. Great. I feel just fine. Amazing, actually. He just said I was going-

"What did you just say?" I asked, my voice so low and menacing it seemed to make even Jungkook uncomfortable. "I said you could reveal secrets. Please don't pass out. What do you need?"

I tried to stand up and get away from Jungkook as quickly as possible, but my arms were shaking so much they were weak. My legs felt numb anyway, so it wasn't like I could go far anyway. "Before that."

"I said you weren't interested in what I had to say."

I rolled off of the bed, finding that that was my fastest way away from him. "Taehyung, are you okay? Do you need water? Shit, are you crying?" I realized I was, but I didn't care. I half crawled, half stumbled to a corner of the room and curled up there. I buried my face in my knees and wrapped my arms protectively around myself. All I could think about after that was what Jungkook just said. You could tell the Tiger gang... That was where I was going to be sent soon. Confirmed. I had to do something. There was no way I'd just let them send me to that place.

I felt hands wrap around my arms and I sunk deeper into the corner. "Don't touch me!"

"What the hell, Taehyung? What did I do? Did I say something?"

I stayed silently in my corner without speaking. I wasn't expecting what Jungkook did next. He picked me up under my arms and literally carried me over to his bed. "Do we seriously have to do this again?" He asked, sighing. I stayed curled up as long as I could, but Jungkook was not a weak person. He pulled my legs down and held them still with his knees, then moved upward to hold my wrists to the mattress on either side of my head. I whimpered and shut my eyes tight, then turned my head to its side so I wouldn't have to look at him.

That didn't work for very long. Jungkook sighed and moved one of my wrists to meet the other one above my head and held them together with one hand. I felt as he traced a finger from my temple and down my face. "I don't normally give second chances, so be lucky I'm giving you one now." He said. His finger slid over my chin and throat. "So if you tell me what's wrong, I won't hurt you or touch you." I felt his finger move further down my neck and over my collar bones slowly.

"However, you don't have that much time before I do something to you." He said it sweetly, innocently, like he wasn't about to hurt me and wouldn't even dream of it. Then his finger found the collar of my shirt and began to tug it down. He's not really going to do anything. He won't he won't he won't.

He pulled my shirt down another inch before I completely broke. "Please don't send me to the Tiger gang!" I practically shouted at him. He pulled the shirt further down. "What makes you think I'm going to do that?"

"Because you fucking told me!" I yelled. "Not five minutes ago!"

As expected, the weight on top of me disappeared. I quickly opened my eyes and scrambled up. I wasn't sure what I did, but Jungkook was staring at me with a look of disgust. I sank back further against the headboard of the bed and hid behind my knees. All of a sudden, Jungkook stood up abruptly, almost literally scaring the shit out of me. "What the hell are you doing to me!?" He almost shouted, then he stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

I don't think he's coming back out for a while. I thought, utterly confused. I just laid down and covered myself tight with his blankets, then cried myself to sleep.

Wow I forgot about this chapter. Kind of shitty like the last one, am I right?