Chapter Twenty Six

Yeah sorry if my chapters seem to be coming too fast. I just want to catch up to where I'm actually at in the book. This chapter ends on page 65 in google docs and the entire thing is currently at 144 pages. I think it's going to be over 200 to be honest. I have big plans

Jungkook Focus

Hoseok texted me a confirmation that he was back and I invited him down to my room. I really wanted to see him. He was my best friend. "Taehyung?" I asked. I got a small, sleepy hum in response. "It might get a little noisy in here, so brace yourself." He said. Taehyung's head lifted up a little. "What's going on?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. "One of my friends is coming over," I replied. Taehyung laid his head back down. "I thought gang leaders weren't supposed to have friends." The way Taehyung said that sounded a little mean, but I felt like I knew he was only curious.

"Well, I guess I was wrong," I said. "I do have friends."

"Am I one of them?" Taehyung asked, his voice slurring tiredly. He wants to be my friend? I thought. I walked over to Taehyung and placed a hand on his forehead. He doesn't have a fever though... Maybe it's only because he's tired. "What are you doing?" Taehyung asked, sitting up and opening his eyes wider. "I- Checking for fever. You don't seem to be sick anymore."

"You didn't answer my question."

"Yes I di-"

"Not that one. Am I your friend?" Taehyung asked, looking right into my eyes. I gulped. When did he become so bold? I was silent for another moment. I didn't want to answer that. The thing was, I wanted him to be my friend, but I didn't want him to be just my friend. No, you really do. I told myself.You will talk to Hoseok and get over it. You're lying to yourself.

I blinked, taking in the blue of Taehyung's eyes. "Y-Yeah, I guess so," I said. He didn't move his eyes. "Is that really your answer?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Just because."

"Taehyung, why do you want to be my friend, when you know what's going to happen next?"

Taehyung's pupils seemed to shrink and he finally blinked. Then laid down without another word. "What?" I asked. "What did I say? Is this news to you?"

"I thought it was a dream. I'm so stupid. When do I go?"

"I-" I began. Honestly, I didn't know. I had no idea when I would send him into his nightmares, nor if I wanted to. At that moment, the elevator opened and Hoseok walked out. He stopped mid-step when he saw Taehyung on my bed. Then he grinned. "Is he..." He mouthed. I nodded. "Let's go somewhere else. So he can sleep."

Hoseok and I left my room and headed to the subway crash site. "So, that's the problem you texted me about?" Hoseok asked. I nodded. "What did he do?"

"It's not what he did. It's what I did. Am doing."

"What did you do?"

"I actually don't think I'm doing anything. More or less just thinking things...?"

"You don't know."

"I don't know, and I need you to help me."

We arrived at the crash site and found a spot to sit down. Hoseok sat in front of me criss-cross and clapped his hands together. "Alright." He said. "What's going on?"

I sighed. I can't believe these words are going to actually leave my brain. "I... I think I-I'm..." I looked at the ground and huffed. "I don't think I can say it."