Chapter Twenty Five

Taehyung Focus

I was sleeping peacefully until someone decided to wake me up for the fifteenth time in the hour. Yeah, exactly fifteen times. That someone was Jungkook. "What do you fucking want now?" I complained.

"Hey," Jungkook said sternly. "Watch your tone with me. You really have a problem waking up."

"I'm sick. I want to sleep."

"What about Yoongi? Do you think he's gonna be okay? An-and also Jimin?"

I opened my eyes and rolled them. Earlier in the day, Jungkook woke me up because the Himir group returned. I did what I could for Jimin, but he still won't wake up. I had no idea whether or not he would survive past the night or if it really wasn't too late. As for Suga, I told Jungkook that he wasn't going to wake up for a while because of extreme fatigue. He stayed awake for who knows how long trying to retrieve the flowers, so his body shut down and he wasn't going to stop sleeping for maybe a day or two.

"Jungkook, they're fine. Shut up and let me sleep."

"Don't tell me to shut up. I'm checking on Jimin."

"You just did five minutes ago."

"You were sleeping."

"If you were in here, I wouldn't have gotten half that time to sleep."

Jungkook sighed and plopped down on the ground, digging his hands through his hair and staring at the ground. I rolled my eyes again and turned over so I could sleep again.

And of course, not even four minutes later, I am shaken awake again by Jungkook. "Okay fine!" I shouted in defeat. "Let's go." Jungkook smiled excitedly and hurried toward the elevator, leaving me to try and sit up on my own. Fine, if you really don't want to help me. I thought. I stretched my sore muscles and got up, making it painfully slow for the gang leader in front of me. He just rolled his eyes and leaned against the wall.

Actually, it was hard for me to think of him as a gang leader at this point. At that moment, he just looked like a cute ball of energy that cared deeply for his friends in the hospital. He didn't seem like an impatient gang leader trying to visit his loyal second hands to tell them work started the next day for them. Most people would think of it that way, but for me, I guess I just had a different pair of eyes.

I walked stiffly over to the elevator and stepped in with Jungkook. I felt extremely uncomfortable because I knew where I was going after this gang, but Jungkook seemed to have forgotten about telling me. He pretended that nothing happened, and honestly, I started to believe that maybe it didn't after all. Maybe it was best to ignore it for a while. I would be able to think about other things and keep it off my mind.

The elevator opened and we stepped out. Jungkook was extremely jittery next to me. As we neared Yoongi's door, he grabbed my arm and held tightly to it. "Is he gonna die?" He asked.

That's all it took for the scary gang leader to turn into a small child in front of my eyes. I wanted to not let go of him for the rest of the time we were there. I wanted to protect him. We walked into Yoongi's room and the first thing I looked at, by force of habit, was his vitals. Everything seemed okay. I walked over to him, Jungkook dragging along behind me- still attached to my arm.

Jungkook gently pressed Yoongi's hand, and surprisingly, his eyes slowly opened a slit. We both leaned over the bed to see him better. "Yoongi? Are you awake?" Jungkook asked softly. Suga opened his eyes wider and fixed his gaze on Jungkook. "I... I fell asleep... Where..." The tired boy sat bolt upright with wide eyes. "Oh no I fell asleep! I'm so sorry! We didn't get the Himir, did we? Oh no, please don't tell me we failed." Suga looked so upset, and it was the most emotion I'd ever seen in the boy I had known for two days. Probably because he was sleeping, though.

"You-" Jungkook began to speak, but Suga interrupted him. "Wait, if we failed, that means that Jimin..." Suga buried his face in his hands and sighed. "I fucked up, didn't I?" I rolled my eyes. "You're healthy enough to get up," I said. I grabbed Suga's wrist and yanked him up to his feet, then dragged him out of the room. Suga didn't pull his hand back, but that probably meant that he was just surprised that a hostage was being so bold.

I dragged Suga all the way to Jimin's room. I noticed Jungkook wasn't clinging to my arm anymore, but a hand tapping my shoulder let me know he was there. I didn't stop to face him. I opened Jimin's door and once we were inside, I let go of Suga's wrist. Once he saw where he was, he found the sleeping boy still in bed and walked to him. He placed a hand on Jimin's chest. "He's still breathing..." He said. I nodded. "You didn't fail. You were only a little late. I was able to keep him alive, but I have no idea when or if he's going to wake up."

Yoongi sat down in the chair next to Jimin's bed with a huff. "So, he's still in a critical condition." He sighed. "The mission didn't fix anything."

"Wrong, he isn't poisoned anymore and has every chance of living," Jungkook said, and I suddenly realized how close behind me he was. I could almost smell him. "That's all it is though. Chance." Suga replied. "I want to stay with him." He said. I shook my head. "If you keep staying up when you're tired, you may pass out again more frequently," I said. Suga shot a glare at me. "You aren't in charge of me, prisoner."

Ouch.

"Hey, Yoongi, I say you should go too," Jungkook said, stepping in front of me. Question marks flew through my head. Was he defending me or caring about this dude? Is he supposed to care about anyone? "So go, and if Jimin wakes up while you're asleep, we'll come and get you."

Suga grumbled and stood up. Before he walked away from Jimin, he planted a kiss on his forehead. My mind and expression softened at it. I didn't know why, but a sense of longing left its small imprint on my mind. "I can stay up! I won't pass out." Suga said. Jungkook shook his head. 

"I'm not letting you stay here. As your little brother, I'm telling you I want you to stay well. As your leader, I'm ordering you to go back to your room until Taehyung clears you."

"He's a hostage. A mere prisoner. I don't want to follow his orders."

"Then follow mine. And no, he's not just a mere prisoner. He nursed both you and Jimin back to health."

"Jimin's not awake."

"He's alive and healthy, isn't he? He should wake up soon. Take my word for it." I glanced at Jungkook again before regaining interest in the floor. I wasn't entirely sure that Jimin was going to wake up. Ever.

Was he protecting me though? I wondered. This isn't the first time he's done something so strange... He doesn't want to become the scary gang leader, obviously, because he was careful with me. I'm strong enough to do things alone again, but he didn't stop trying to be nice. Even if he is sending me to the Tiger Gang. I wonder if that was real. Was I just dreaming? What he said after our little conversation that night made no sense then, but if this is what I'm thinking now, then it makes perfect sense.

The night that Jungkook threatened to look at me again was still branded in my mind. It left a mark I couldn't erase, but it wasn't the same as all the other scars left on me from my nightmare childhood. "What the hell are you doing to me?" Was what he had said. I was left confused that night. But if it means what I think it means, then paired up with him "protecting" me, if that's what it was, then... He doesn't... Does he?

A hand grabbed my shoulder and I was stolen away from my thoughts. "Are we going?" Jungkook asked loudly. I glanced around the room, noticing that Suga had left already. I nodded. "Let's go," I replied. Jungkook frowned, looking into my eyes. "Are you okay? You seemed lost there."

I frowned and glanced at him. That was an unusual question for him to ask.

"It's nothing. Let's go."

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another chapter.