Chapter Sixty Five

[unedited]

Taehyung Focus

Everything was still. Jungkook's eyes were closed. The heart monitor was still beeping. I placed my hand over Jungkook's chest to make sure I was right. The steady thumping of his heartbeat reassured my mind. I felt so helpless, staring at the spot on his shirt, evidence of my tears.

"Jungkook?" I asked his name. His eyes twitched and opened. My heart fluttered. "Are you okay? What just happened?" I asked. He closed his eyes again and groaned. Then sat up with ease. I gasped. "Jungkook, don't be so reckless! You're still injured-severely!"

"I can't feel it," Jungkook said, shrugging. I pouted. "That doesn't matter. Don't do anything stupid or it'll only get worse."

"I'll be fine."

I rolled my eyes. "Are you numb?"

"No."

That was when I began to feel confused. "But... you don't feel it?" Jungkook nodded. I frowned, lifted his shirt up, and peeled one of the bandages off. The scar underneath was there, but closed up and not bleeding anymore. Healed. What the hell? I thought. Jungkook blinked.

"You... don't look surprised," I commented. Jungkook didn't answer. I let go of his shirt and let it fall. "So you start having some sort of a seizure and I can't do anything to fix it, then all of a sudden your cuts are... healed?" Jungkook shrugged. "I've gotta be dreaming," He said. I shook my head. "You went into cardiac arrest for a moment."

"Definitely dreaming."

"You're not dreaming."

"Pinch me."

"No."

"Kiss me?"

I sighed. What can I do about it anyway? I nodded and Jungkook happily pulled me closer to him. I stood between his legs and looked at him for a moment while he reached up and held my face. I let him pull me into a kiss, but I wasn't really feeling it.

Jungkook pulled away. "What's wrong?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows. "You mean you really feel nothing?"

"I can feel you."

I pulled his shirt up again and lifted it off of him. I loved that he never questioned me when I did that. It could have been for no reason at all and he would have just let me pull his shirt off.

I started peeling bandages off and all of his cuts and burns and scrapes were nothing but scars. Nothing bleeding. Nothing infected. Everything healthy. I frowned deeper. Jungkook blinked. "Is it bothering you that much?" He asked. I looked at him. He must be messing with me. "Are you used to things like this?" I asked. Jungkook paused.

"Um yeah," he answered shortly. How the fuck? I felt even more confused. "Uh, that's how I was so used to destroying my thighs after my fath- parental figure died."

"Oh," I said, still confused. "And you've always been this way?" Jungkook shrugged. The tips of his ears were a bright shade of pink. "Are you hot?" I asked. Jungkook chuckled. "You ask so many questions," he said. "I'm okay. Let's just... Talk about something. Do something. Kiss some more."

I giggled. "You like to kiss a lot," I said childishly. Jungkook smiled, his eyes twinkling as he looked at my face. "Only because you're so addictive," he said. "I can never get enough of you. Especially since I'm with you now instead of away from you."

"Oh you have to be careful with addictions." I said. "They can get you into bad places." Jungkook lifted me off his lap and swiftly threw me on his bed, then hovered over me. "Only if I let them," He said quietly. "And only if you let me."