Chapter Sixteen

Jungkook Focus

I unlocked the door to Jimin's room, opened it, and walked in. Inside, Jimin looked at me when I walked in, alarmed. I thought it was because I had come back so suddenly until I saw the hostage.

Taehyung was sitting in the chair, hunched over. His face was pale and he was gasping for breath. "What's going on? What did you do to him?" I asked, showing a little more concern than I would have liked to. Jimin shook his head, wide-eyed at Taehyung. "I don't know. I haven't moved since you left with Yoongi." I looked back at the prisoner, who was shaking as if he was freezing and crying as if he just watched his dog die.

I walked over to him and kneeled down in front of him, looking up into his eyes. "Taehyung?" I asked his name. No response. His eyes were looking at me, but he wasn't looking at me. It was like he couldn't see me. I grabbed his arms and lifted him to his feet. Not letting go, I repeated his name. "Taehyung, can you hear me?"

"Jungkook, are you... worried?" Jimin asked, to my right. "Shut up," I said, not taking my eyes off of Taehyung, whose legs were wobbling and his tears became waterfalls.

"Taehyung? Taehyung!" I called louder. I moved a hand to his shoulder and shook him a tiny bit, but still, nothing.

And then Taehyung collapsed. His legs went limp, and he fell. I caught him before he hit the ground. I looked back at Jimin. "I'm taking him out. Don't tell anyone." I said. Jimin raised his eyebrows. "About you caring, or about this whole situation?"

"I'm serious Jimin."

"Alright. Who am I gonna tell anyway? You've kind of taken Yoongi away, too."

"I sent him on a mission. He's the only one I could trust with this particular one, and something tells me he would be disappointed if he wasn't picked for this task. I'll see you later, okay?"

Jimin sighed, but nodded and waved bye anyway. I picked Taehyung up, who was still crying and carried him out to the elevators again. There were some people walking through the hallway, probably to visit another injured friend or something, so I pushed Taehyung's face into my neck to hide him.

About ten minutes later, I had him laying in my bed without a shirt, blankets covering him from the waist down. The boy was sweating crazily, so I took it off. I didn't want him to get heat exhaustion or something. He was scared for some reason. No, that was an understatement. He was terrified.

Now what caught my attention wasn't how sick he seemed. When I pulled his shirt off so he could cool down, I noticed scars covering his chest, sides, and back all over the place, some even peering out of the waistband of his pants. I frowned. "What happened to you?" I wondered out loud. I brushed his hair back and felt his forehead. He was burning. Fever. I shook my head and left him alone.

After a while, I felt tired, so I slumped into my seat in a chair at the corner of the room and dozed off. Waking up twelve hours later, I looked at the clock. I widened my eyes. It was fucking ten PM already. How in the world was I that tired? It was probably because I had to stay up until Taehyung was done working on Jimin's leg the night before, and when I finally went to bed, it was pretty late. Still, though. It was hard to believe I could be that tired.

I noticed some stirring on my bed and remembered what happened that day. I stood up, stretched, and walked over to Taehyung to check on him. He had somehow gotten a hold of my pillow and was clutching it tightly. I noticed the goosebumps on his arms and back, so I pulled the blankets over his body to keep him warm. His hair was covering his eyes and without thinking, I reached over and brushed it out of his face.

After a moment I realized I was staring. I looked away and widened my eyes. I couldn't even help it. Without thinking, even... It was hard for me to come to terms or even understand my feelings before. I rejected them quite often, knowing how impossible this was, but at that point, I realized how serious it was. I was falling harder than I thought, and faster, too. The boy in front of me wasn't even doing anything.

Still. I had to be strong enough to beat those feelings for only a few weeks. Then I could finally be done with the hostage and never see him again.

Hopefully, that would be soon.

Hey guys, I just finished my solo and ensemble performance, and I think I did great! I don't even think I was nervous at all! Jk, I was actually a little nervous because the judge had that look of utter annoyance when I tuned my instrument.