Chapter Thirty

Yoongi Focus

I had run to my hospital room to scream into my pillow. Jimin probably heard every single word of the fight and it was all Jungkook's fault. Not to mention, my little baby brother was in love with the hostage. Of all the things that could happen, he fell in love with that boy and told Hoseok about it first. I felt slightly betrayed. At first, I wanted to tell him why I couldn't let Jimin know that I loved him. But then he yelled at me with so much anger, and he looked like he just wanted to punch a wall, so I left it at that. He made me mad. No, he made me pissed. I didn't even know he was gay. That's something I would have wanted to know, as his fucking big brother figure.

I screamed into my pillow one last time before leaving the room and heading to the elevators.

When the elevator door opened and I stormed out of them into the subway crash site, everyone there seemed to notice how mad I was and immediately evacuated the premises. I ran into one of the train cars- my favorite one that I always went to when I needed to be alone, and punched the boulder inside it.

After the crash and the subway derailed, this particular car had fallen on its side, so its door was facing the rocky ceiling of the cave. There was one big boulder that fell from the wall that the train hit and it smashed a hole inside the subway car, causing the car to suffer from immense damage.

I thought it was beautiful. The way that the concrete fell into the car it had blocked a lot of light and made it soundproof from the inside. The only way in was not from the door, but from a broken window in the far corner of the side-now roof- of the car. I discovered it when I was ten and it immediately became my favorite spot. 

At that moment, I really needed the spot.

I hopped into the train car and started punching the concrete over and over, so hard, that after the second punch, my knuckles busted and started to bleed. I didn't care. I ignored the pain and kept going. After a while, my knuckles were numb and it didn't even matter what I did after that because I couldn't feel it. So for another ten minutes, I punched the concrete, yelling into the still, musty air.

Finally, when I noticed the long river of blood trailing from the concrete to the floor, I knew I had to stop. I turned around and jumped almost ten feet into the air. Jimin was sitting on the side edge of one of the train seats, waiting for me to stop.

"When did you get here!?" I asked sternly. Jimin said nothing. Just watched me silently. I looked at the back of my hand. It was completely bloodied up and spilling out slowly. Blood was such a beautiful thing.

Jimin held his hand out. I gave him my bruised and swollen- and basically fucked up one. He examined it with no expression. I wondered if he judged me. For loving him. I couldn't tell if he loved me back before his mini coma either because he was almost dying, or if he actually, genuinely loved me. Maybe if he wasn't dying and I confessed, he would have turned me down. Now he's perfectly alive and probably doesn't want my love.

Jimin gave my hand back and folded his arms. He didn't need to say anything and I knew what he wanted. An explanation. I looked at the floor- more or less- and thought about what I could tell him. Jimin sighed, finally deciding to speak first. "You know you worried me, right?" He said, his expression still unreadable. I looked him in the eye and held his gaze, not uttering a word. "Actually, you scared me." He said. Oh.

"You have no idea what you just did." I stared guiltily into Jimin's eyes, still silent as a rock. "I knew you would be here." He said. In between every sentence that left his mouth hung a still and painful silence. "I want to know what happened." He said. "Between you and Jungkook."