Tori's Confession

Opening Theme: The Only Thing That's There (Izzy, Uli, Kitara, Avery)
Ending Theme: Sentimental Berry (Tanoshi, Tori)

 "I'll just go," Izzy said very, very quietly, leaving the room so that Tori and Luna could talk alone.

"Tori, you can't stop because of me!" Luna said.

"And why not?" Tori said, this time it was in a rude tone.

"Tori .... Why are you so angry at me?" Luna asked, trying to get closer to her friend. "Why do you suddenly hate me?"

"I don't hate you," Tori almost mumbled.

"Then why are you avoiding me? Is it because of my cancer? Are you scared of it?" Luna asked. Tori was silent. "Are you, Tori?" Still no reply. "Tori, why?"

"Why you?" Tori shouted. "You didn't deserve cancer! And even though you have it, you're still happy! You keep treating it like it's nothing! You laugh it off like it's a joke! But cancer kills people, Luna! It takes away family! It rips you away from the people you love most! And you treat it like a cold!" Tears burned Tori's eyes as she scowled at Luna with all the rage she could muster. "It's not a cold Luna. And yes, I am scared! I'm scared that one day I'll wake up, like it's any other day, but then I'll get a phone call from a doctor and he'll say 'Sorry but she's gone!'" Tori blinked back her tears. "She's never coming back ... I'll never get to see her again. I don't want that to happen to you, Luna! I never want it to happen to you! And I hate how you're so okay with it. ... It's not right." Tori looked at the ground, determined not to cry.

There was a long silence before Luna finally spoke.

"How dare you?" she asked.

"Eh?" Tori looked up. Now Luna was scowling.

"Don't you think I have the strength to get through this? Don't you think I'm giving it my everything to be standing on the stage from day to day?!" Luna practically yelled.

"Luna ..." said Tori.

"I'm afraid, Tori," Luna confessed, "I'm terrified! I don't want to leave you or Tanoshi or Mom or Dad or Riku or anybody! I have dreams, ambitions, and so many more things that I haven't seen yet that I want to see! I won't give up for a second until it's all over!"

"Luna ..." said Tori.

Luna looked at the ground. "I won't give up on my dream until I know there is nothing left in me to push. I won't give up on my dream until the very final second. Don't you think I can go even further than that?" Tears streamed down Luna's cheeks. The lenses of her glasses had dots of tears on them.

"Luna,"

"I can't guarantee anything, Tori, I don't know what my future holds. But I won't stop fighting! I'll fight today, tomorrow, next month, next year - forever if I have to! Don't you think I can make it? Don't you?" Luna looked up again, tears burning her eyes, staining her cheeks, her face crimson of anger and sadness.

"Luna," Tori's body shook intensely as she tried to hold back her tears; her pain; her sadness.

"I do it all for you. You're my dearest friend and I care so much about you. You're like a sister. I keep trying for you because I know you went through this before and I don't want you to go through it again!"

"Luna." Tori felt her eyes burn like fire. "Luna .... Luna I -"

Suddenly, Luna's arms surrounded Tori. "I love you too," she said.

Tori couldn't hold back anymore. She cried and cried and cried.

After what felt like an eternity, the two girls broke apart, smiling. "Are you okay?" Luna asked with the tiniest hint of a chuckle.

"I'm fine," Tori said, rubbing out the last of her tears.

"Go out and shine for all of us, okay?" Luna said.

"I will!" Tori said, a new spirit burning inside of her. She gave Luna a quick hug then headed to the changing room.

~~~~~

Tori held up her cards. Cards she made what felt like a forever ago when Tanoshi first gave her the news about the Star Wings. "Luna has given me a new passion. A flame that I won't let burn out! I'm putting everything into my performance to make up for everything I didn't do before! Tori Yuki! Ready to go!"

Coord: Shining Rainbow Coord
Aura: Pink Heart shaped bubbles surrounding her with pearls and sparkles raining down on her
Appeal: Rainbow Happiness For You

oh oh oh...

*aura* Otonappoi tte yoku iwareru kedo
Mada kodomo chotto tokushita kibun
Mujaki datte chitto mo okashikunai shi
Senobi shita tte pittari to hamaru no

Sā kokoro ni shitagatte yukō wakidasu music
Daiji nano wa challenge seishin switch ireru one scene

Then suddenly, a pair of pink feathered wings appeared on Tori's back. They had gold chains, blue flowers, and raindrop jewels.

Hokorashiku odorō hitamuki ni tsutaeyō
Atsuku atsuku floor narashite lace yurashite
Mainichi ga Brand-New-World sō It's a showtime!
Tama ni wa amaeru son'na no mo in janai?
Butai de wa nandatte dekiru
Sakebu yōna shunkan wo matteru

*appeal* Tip tap tip tap tap jōnetsu kanjite
Rhythm ni wa ondo ga aru
Tip tap tip tap tap tension agete
Tap ni wa kodō ga aru

oh oh oh...

The crowd positively exploded. Tori had come back hot.

"The wings of Venus," Elza said with a grin. "Welcome back." And she wasn't just talking about the wings.

~~~~~

Izzy stared amazed at the stage. It was like a few embers suddenly bursted into a powerful inferno. It was completely shocking, wonderful, and terrifying all at once. Tori's Venus Wings seemed to outshine everyone else.

And then, Tori's eyes met Izzy's eyes. And (oh yes) they seemed to say "Catch me if you can."

Izzy nodded. "I will." she said.