2.

*gasps*

I fluttered my eyes open feeling pain in my shoulder and smoke starting to fill my lungs. I heard crying and looked over at him and fear. I groaned due to the amount of pain I was feeling in my left shoulder but, I fought it and managed to break free from the rope that my hands were tied with.

I coughed trying to fight the smoke and make my way over to him. Blood was everywhere but I didn't care the only thing on my mind was not dying.

I untied him and helped him out of the chair trying to find a way out of the dark room. I walked up to the door and grabbed the knob but I instantly let go due to how hot it was.

The house was on fire and we were stuck.

"I wanna get out," he cried.

"Shh it's okay baby we're gonna be okay."

I searched around the room looking for something to break us free. I was starting to lose hope when I found a hammer under some boxes. I grabbed the hammer and walked over to the window that I couldn't reach so I grabbed a chair I got level with it.

"Cover your eyes baby."

He did as told and I started bashing the glass out. When it was out I picked him up and made sure he was out before I got out myself.

I picked him up ignoring the pain in my shoulder and ran as fast as I could. A few moments later I heard a loud boom making me fall to the ground and cover him up. I looked back at the house that was now unrecognizable. I thanked God because we had barely made it out.

I had no money and I didn't know where I could go but I ran and I didn't stop running.

After running for what seemed like forever I came upon a small house. There was no car out and it looked like no one lived there but I knocked anyway.

"Please can someone help me !"

I got no answer so I started beating on it again.

"If someone's in there please help me !"

The door flew open revealing a dark complexioned lady with tight curls that were penned up.

"Please can you help me and my son

"Please can you help me and my son."

Her eyes made their way to the blood before she grabbed me and pulled me inside. She looked both ways of the road before closing the door and locking it.

She took the baby from me and sat him in a chair and pulled one up for me. I watched her as she went in the cabinets grabbing things before she made her way over to me.

She sat down in front of me and cut part of my shirt. "Who would do such a thing."

She took some tweezers and dig them into my skin making me yelp in pain.