42.

~Jhania~

"Vonte she good now let's just go." I say looking up at her apartment window.

Her car was here and her lights was on in her apartment. "nah we still going in, let's go." He said getting out the car.

"this nigga," I mumbled getting out the car.

I closed the door and walked behind him as he went inside the building. I didn't like nothing that was going on here.

We rode the elevator up to the second floor and walked down the hallway to her apartment. He knocked on the door but nobody came to the door.

"she probably just sleep let's go." I say turning around to walk back but he snatched me back.

"gimmie sum ta pick dis lock." He said.

"what?"

"gimmie sum ta pick da lock, you heard meh."

I sighed and pulled two bobby pens from my hair and handed it to him. He looked around to see if anybody was watching before he tried to pick the lock.

Once he got the door open we walked inside and closed the door. The tv was on in the living room but the place was a complete mess. Tables were turned over, glass was broken and couches were moved around.

"oh my gosh," I mumbled.

We walked on in the back and there Danielle was laid out on the floor. There was blood everywhere, and from the looks of it she was ... dead.

Vonte put his head in his hands and walked over to Danielle and kneeled down to her level. I didn't know what to do but just stand there. I was starting to regret everything I was doing in the dark. I already knew I was next and I couldn't handle it, I needed to be safe.

"she's dead," he says looking up at me.

I covered my mouth and back away with tears forming in my eyes. This was all because of me.

"I feel sick, I have to get outta h-here," I say choking on my words.

I ran out of the apartment and emptied my stomach in the nearest garbage can. The sight of Danielle laying there dead made my stomach turn flips. But the question was.. who did it?

~Morgan~

"You okay baybeh?" I looked over at Aug and  nodded while I rubbed my belly.

I was praying to God that this didn't affect my baby. "you sho'? you ain't said two words since you woke up."

"I know, I'm sorry I'm just not in a good space right now mentally. Josh is still running around here, so is your crazy ex. No wonder who else is plotting on our family. It's like everybody can be happy except for our family and it's not fair."

I didn't even realize I was crying until he started wiping tears from my face. "We gon get through dis baybeh just trust meh. Can you do dat fa meh?"

I nodded and he kissed my cheek. I laid my head on his chest and rubbed over my belly. I just knew I couldn't bring my baby into the world like this...