31.

~Yalonda~

I had just got out my car and walked inside the shop. I looked around and noticed it was very much busy today.

I greeted everybody and made my way to the back where our lockers where. I put all my belongings in there but I kept my shades on. Even though I had makeup that covered my black eye that Richie put on my face I wasn't taking any chances.

I promised myself that I was gonna leave but it's hard when there's history and kids involved. I sighed and walked back to the front.

"Yalonda, your 11 o'clock is here," Jasmine called out.

"Thank you." I say walking over to the young lady.

"Name?"

"Ebony."

"Okay Ebony, right this way please." I said leading her to my chair.

"Okay so you have any ideas on what you want today ?"

"Yeah I want a pixie cut, something that'll stand out and I also wanna dye it at the front."

"Okay any specific colors?"

"A touch of red and purple."

I nodded. "I know just the style for you, can you take a seat for me in that shampoo chair."

She nodded and took a seat. I told one of the shampoo girls, Kim, to give her a wash while I got everything ready.

"Girl why in the hell are you wearing shades in here," Darren said as he walked to the front.

"I'm just feeling the look today, don't I look good," I say playing it off.

"You always look good." He said giving Jasmine a piece of paper and walking back to the makeup area.

"Thanks !"

I chuckled and got all my utensils out that I knew I was gonna need.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket making me drop the hair dye, thankfully it wasn't open.

I grabbed my phone out my pocket and answer my phone while I I picked the dye up.

_convo_
Me- hello
Marcus- wassup ma what you up to
Me- nothing getting ready for a client, how about you
Marcus- not shit, you gon be busy when you get off
Me- um probably not, why wassup
Marcus- I want you to come over , what time you get off
Me- 11:00 , I close tonight
Marcus- Ight well if you can't come tonight come in the morning
Me- okay
Marcus- Ight shawt I'll hit you up later, get that bag
Me-okay, I smiled
_convo over_

I slid my phone in my back pocket and finished setting everything up. A little while later Ebony was back.

"Okay you ready?"

She nodded and sat down and I grabbed a neck strip and a cape to put on her.

I ran my hand through her hair and started trimming her hair since it was dried and blew out already.
***************************************************

I finished the last few curls in Ebony's hair grabbed my clippers and lined her hair up. After that I was finished.

"All done." I smile turning her around to face herself in the mirror.