Promises • Ethan

Your p.o.v~

"So that's it, there just getting a divorce?"

My best friend Ethan asks me as we sit in our usual booth at pops, sipping on our milkshakes and the heat from the summer sun shines through the window.

I nod my head and tighten my pony tail, looking down at my baby pink sun dress, sighing and then looking back up at Ethan.

He smiles and sips on his milkshake before he speaks again.

"How are you feeling about it?"

"I'm trying to find a lining of at least tarnished silver, but there's no hope. I was raised to believe that family was everything Eth. How am I supposed to believe that now I don't even have a proper one?"

I say and Ethan sighs, reaching over and grabbing my hand, holding it in his. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have a tiny crush on Ethan, but he's my best friend and is strictly! Off limits.

He squeezes my hand and I look at him, moving my bow empty milkshake glass to the end of the table.

"Look y/n, you are the strongest girl I know and to be honest the prettiest. So what if you don't have a perfect family, I mean who does? Plus, my family is yours as well and you basically live in my spare room, mum was contemplating just letting you decorate it"

He laughs and I giggle with him. I take in his features like his birthmark on his cheek, dark hair and brown eyes, I could get lost in them. I look around the old vintage dinner and remember all the great memories me and Ethan have here. I turn back to him and he smiles, I grab his other hand as he pushes his also now empty milkshake glass away.

"This is why I love you Ethan Dolan, such a big heart and so much empathy for others. I'm truly blessed to have you"

He smiles and blushes a little before we make eye contact once more, his words rolling off his tongue easily.

"I'm about to state one hundred promises that's I never made, starting with I promise to love you till the end of time y/n/n"

I smile and raise his hand up, planting a soft kiss in it and we both giggle.

"Then so be it"