MY ENDGAME RANT - DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT

So I watched Avengers: Endgame last night and let's just say I have a lot of opinions that I need to express about the movie but I have no where to do it but here.

*ENDGAME SPOILERS AHEAD*

*SERIOUSLY DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE*

*I'M WARNING YOU ABOUT SPOILERS ONE LAST TIME*

*IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE OR JUST DON'T CARE, YOU MAY CONTINUE READING*

So, if you made it this far, you obviously have seen Endgame. If you haven't, I warned you so don't come yelling at me.

To put it simply, I was not a fan of Avengers:Endgame. It was a weak ending to the Infinity Saga and did not do justice in honoring the original 6 Avengers. It's an end of an era and the new one is not exactly one I'm hyped up about.

I came into Endgame expecting this epic culmination to the preceding 21 films and instead I got a movie that I wish didn't exist.

Sure there was some great scenes, but that doesn't outweigh the feelings of unsatisfaction that I felt leaving the theater. I'm going to list some reasons why Endgame was not as great as it was said to be in my own opinion. If you happen to think Endgame was really good or one of the best MCU movies to date, then good for you. I honestly wish I could feel that way, but I don't which is ultimately why I'm writing this.

Let's start with the obvious. I'll explain my reasonings for theses points later.

1. Tony Stark/Iron Man dies (this doesn't exactly make the movie bad per say but I have my reasons)

2. Steve Rogers/Captain America's ending. Words can't describe how I feel about it but I'll try

3. The Russo brothers (in my opinion) effectively destroyed all of Thor's character development and made him an absolute joke that got old real quick. (I have a lot to say as I am a big Thor fan)

4. Mjolnir (you probably know what scene I'm referring to & while it was epic, I have some stuff to say)

5. Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow dies (there's nothing more to it other than I'm now depressed)

6. Professor Hulk (while it was cool, it was just missing something)

7. Not enough focus on the big 3. It felt like I was watching a big Captain America & Iron Man crossover with the rest of the Avengers as side characters

Ok, now that I got the basics out of the way. Here comes to long winded version of some of my points.

1. While I expected Tony to die going into this movie, I was really hoping it wouldn't happen. I wanted him to settle down and retire. I wanted him to be a long-standing husband to Pepper and a dad for Morgan. I am absolutely crushed that now Morgan has to live without her dad. I get it that it's fitting to end Tony's story in Endgame because he started it all, but that's exactly why I feel like it would have been a more satisfying end for him to retire and live the life he didn't have as a kid. And then there's Peter Parker. My sweet, sweet Spider-Man who I love dearly and deserves all the happiness in the world but doesn't. By now, Peter has lost not one, not two, but three father figures in his life. Having him see Tony die was just sad and utterly depressing. There could have been so much development in their relationship just through cameos but that now that's impossible because Tony frickin Stark is dead. Tony was one of my favorite characters and having him die put a wrench in my heart. It's not exactly his death that makes the movie "bad" it was just a disappointing end to his journey. While I saw it coming, I never believed it would be a satisfying end for the great Tony Stark and in my opinion it lived up to my expectations.