C21 - Mr. Zhuang Goes Out, Children Goes to School

On their first day of school, Molan, Rulan and Minglan did their make up together, they all wore green jacket that was round neck and long sleeve, at the chest was an embroider of apricot and broken branches of flowers, paired with it was a long skirt that was as white as clouds, and in their necks was a jade lock, a brilliant golden collar that was made with Ying Luo [1] strips and a fine beautiful pendant made with golden silk.

"This golden collar looks so nice, it must have cost grandmother a fortune, when I get back, I will have to properly thank her." Molan said to Minglan while wearing a smile; as lessons were in the morning, Old Madame Sheng let everybody proceed to school, such that to avoid any mishaps.

"It is good-looking, but the weight is not to be underestimated, I once had a golden collar, and it weighs a few kilograms." Rulan said uncaringly, while Changbai whom was looking at a book unhappily glanced at her.

"A few kilograms?! Then won't it break the neck? No wonder I never saw you wearing it, and I thought that this collar is very heavy." Minglan rubbed her neck and muttered.

"Sixth younger sister, this jade lock is of superior quality, it seems like the jade came from the Western Kunlun Mountains." Changfeng closely examined Minglan's jade locket.

Molan actually noticed that jade locket quite early ago, seeing that her brother started a conversation topic, she then went to look at Minglan's jade locket. At first look, Molan saw that the lock piece was only jade white, with a faint touch of crimson that was forming a shape like a phoenix [2], the Jade's texture was fine, elegant and refreshing, crystal rounded and pure and flawless, "This is a a really good jade, I have never seen any jade as good as this." Molan commented.

She felt jealous in her heart, and started thinking that Minglan's jade is better than hers, if she enters Shou'an Hall with her own jade, she'll be laugh at but if it was Minglan's jade... But that jade is not hers, thinking of Old Madame Shen rejecting it if she ask for it, she cannot help but feel frustrated.

Rulan from across the room, does not have much understanding of jades, she has been staring at the piece of Jade in front of Muolan's chest, thinking about Wang Shi's reminder has made her patient but now that everyone is talking about jades, she could not help but said, "Sixth younger sister, you have to be careful, now that fourth sister has taken notice of your jade, she could go back to father and ask for it. There is no saying that piece of jade your wearing might end up in her pocket."

Changbai frowned, and returned back to reading his book; Molan's face turns red and angrily said, "Fifth younger sister, what is the meaning of this? How could I possibly be intentionally trying to take away my sister's items?"

Rulan saw Changbai's warning eyes and thought of the planking session; she softened her voice and slowly said, "Nothing? Just that I had some strange thoughts when I saw fourth older sisters's jade locket, please pay it no mind."

Minglan immediately went to see the jade locket that was in Molan's chest, only to see that it is also a warm and fine white jade, especially since it was a rare, odd one, most of the color was as dark as an ink, shiny and pleasant, at first glance, it was as if a magnificent painting of a flowing ink besides a mountain, could not help but be secretly be amazed. Molan furiously say, "This jade that uncle Wang gave is not fake, father gave me this jade in significance of my name [3], right after giving me this jade, father also ordered people to look for another even higher quality Hibiscus jade for you, so why do you still not giving up?"

Rulan faked a laugh and said: "I, as a younger sister doesn't know if a jade is high quality or not, all I know is that the meaning behind it was that it was my uncle's gift for me."

Molan smiled hypocritically: "Fifth younger sister, do not forget, that he's also my uncle!"

Rulan gritted her teeth and glared at Molan, but doesn't dare to mention anything more about the legal status of one another.