C31 - A Report of Analysis on Living Conditions

"Did she really say that?" Concubine Lin had changed her attire, wearing a half-new, dark blue brocade jacket embroidered with orchid. On her hair was a waterdrop-shaped pure gold hairpin mounted with beeswax. She leaned against the bed board, holding a book while her eyes fixing on her daughter next to the tea table.

Molan nodded, slowly leaning to the other side to rest, but looked uncertain. Concubine Lin's eyes shimmered with a bit appreciation. She smiled, "I didn't expect a sparrow should lay phenix eggs. A person as cowardly and timid as Concubine Wei should have such a smart daughter. Old Madam indeed has her way of fostering girls."

When the curtain moved, a maid came in holding a small tea tray of black pear wood with gilding cup on it. Molan received it and took a sip, praising, "This tastes good! The cubilose Madam sent to the Luxuriant Pavilion is small and broken and tastes very insipid." Then she ordered the girl out. Putting down the cup, she said in a low voice, "Mother, do you think we can believe what Minglan said?"

Concubine Lin smoothed her hair on the temples and snorted, "Yes, we can but that also depends. I know Old Madam's temper. In her eyes, rich families cannot raise noble people. If Minglan also thinks the same way in the future, she then will pose no threat to you, but this is not certain. Judging by what happened these years, Old Madam spoils the girl so awfully that she should be active again and no longer abstain from meat! Even her temper turns vibrant. Afraid of not able to live until sixth young lady gets married, she tries all means to maintain healthy."

Molan was reminded of something and said, "Mother, today Madam sent two maids over there, is it....  You may read the whole chapter on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D