C165. Back to the Sheng Family (1)

Before Minglan became Gu Tingye's wife, most of the ladies who had come to congratulate on her wedding had kept on singing praises about the eminent background of Gu's family. At that time, the only thing that had impressed her a lot had been the luxurious betrothal gifts from Gu Tingye instead of those women's words. After three days of her wedding, the moment Minglan's coach stopped in front of the Sheng's gate, they saw Changbai and Changdong already wait there. In the meantime, Molan and Rulan also arrived with their husbands.

As Minglan got off the coach with the help of Danju, she saw the flat small sedan that Rulan had taken and the flat small coach that Molan had taken. Then Minglan turned around to look at the splendid three-in-hand coach painted in black, on which hung a blue curtain decorated with dragon patterned lace in silver threads, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

The smile on Rulan's face froze right away while the look on her face turned indifferent. Molan's body also turned a bit rigid but she managed to put on a calm look right away. Minglan couldn't help glancing at Gu Tingye, thinking, 'This coach... Have you violated any rules?"

After all the people there had given obeisance to each other, Gu Tingye smiled gently to Liang Han without saying anything. However, Minglan had a slight feeling that Gu Tingye actually had a dislike for Liang Han. After that, they entered into the mansion in succession. The new couple should pay respects to Old Madam Sheng in the Hall of Peaceful Ages first.

Old Madam Sheng was sitting upright there while Minglan and Gu Tingye knelt on the cattail hassocks to kowtow. Although it had just been a few days that Minglan had left, Old Madam Sheng acted as if she hadn't seen Minglan for almost half of her life. However, Old Madam Sheng's face turned darker and darker when she held Minglan's hand to have a fully observation of her granddaughter.

It had just been two days, Minglan seemed to have already been worn out. The dark circles under her eyes were so obvious that they seemed to be shaded on her face by a dark cyan eyebrow pencil and were not able to be covered by the thin powder. Although she looked dispirited, there was still a charming expression showing in her eyes. Then Old Madam Sheng turned to Gu Tingye. This man looked like a refreshed person with pleasant look on his face. However, the expression in his eyes showed that his needs had been well satisfied these days.

With blood rushing into Old Madam Sheng's brain, she couldn't help being worried for Minglan while also feeling displeased. Nonetheless, Old Madam Sheng still couldn't say anything. So she only glared at Gu Tingye with knife-like expression in her eyes. Meanwhile, the man she was looking at still remained calm as if he knew nothing about what was happening. After Old Madam Sheng had flew in to a rage for a few rounds inwardly, she said, "Go kowtow to your parents, they are expecting you right now."

Minglan, being reluctant to leave right away, smuggled up to Old Madam Sheng while saying gently, "I'll come back as soon as I finish kowtowing to my parents. Then we'll chat together."

Old Madam Sheng nodded with a smile while watching the couple leaving. However, the look on her face changed the moment they had got out. Then, she winked at Mama Fang. The latter, upon receiving the signal, instantly turned around to find Mama Cui to made an inquiry.

Mama Cui was always a quiet woman who held herself aloof from the world. She never picked a quarrel with anyone for decades. This might be the first time she ever had a strong intention to tell someone off. Before Mama Fang reached to her, she had already waited on the porch in the side room of Hall of Peaceful Ages for a long time.

"It's normal for the new couples to be intimate with each other, but I've never seen anyone like him!... He didn't care if there's anyone else around. Every time he saw our lady, he became like a wolf in the mountain with green light shooting from his eyes. As long as no one was looking at him, he would put his hands on our lady no matter it was daylight or night!" Mama Cui complained that while patting the table with her teeth gritted, "Our lady has just grown up! How could he... do that?!"