C135. The Speculation from a Conspiracist (2)

DragonRider

Having put down the teacup, Hai shi sighed, "It turns out that fifth young lady has... has already fallen in love with scholar Wen Yanjing. They had agreed on a date at the Great Grand Temple. Actually they merely just talked a few words. But they were so unlucky! Today was the day when General Gu conducted a religious rite for his dead mother!"

Minglan's eyes nearly popped out. Then she asked, "He, he saw... fifth sister?"

Feeling deeply disturbed, Hai shi shook her head and said, "No. But you know why I have said they were unlucky? General Gu didn't go there by himself because he has been busy. Besides, he has never met fifth young lady before, so he wouldn't know that was her even if he was there. It was a woman servant in his mansion who brought donation to the rite under his order saw fifth young lady and Wen Jingyan when she came out to give away clothes and hats for the young monks. And she happened to have seen us when she had given presents!"

After hearing this, Minglan was already frozen on the bed, feeling reluctant to move or speak. Then she heard Hai shi sighing and continuing, "I guess that servant reported to General Gu the moment she went back. In the afternoon, a boy servant came to the Department of Supervision to see Master. After that, Master went back home at once!... Under his interrogation, fifty young lady only said that she had already resigned to her fate and this time she had only gone there to say her farewell to scholar Wen."

Minglan almost lost her breath after hearing the whole story. After a long while, she could only utter those words, "... How could fifth sister be so careless! ... You may read the left of chapter 135 on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D