C35 - A Guideline on Improving Living Conditions (2)

Sheng Hong was talked into her assertion and began to feel sorry, so he gave a soothing glance to Wang shi. Witnessing the scene, Old Madam Sheng quirked up the corners of her mouth and said finally, "Madam, pleased take the bother to teach Minglan how to manage house affairs and let her learn more."

Sheng Hong immediately echoed, "Yes, Old Madam. She should have taught Minglan." While speaking he covertly pulled Wang shi's sleeve, who also chimed in in a hurry, "Minglan is also my daughter. Teaching her is my duty."

Changfeng wore a face of worry, staring at Minglan imploringly. While Minglan forced herself not to turn to him and only stood well-mannered in front of Old Madam Sheng, listening to her reprimand. Rulan shot out challenging look to Molan who remained an indifferent face because she didn't a bit care about the fate of those servants except for feeling a little embarrassed.

Wang shi was a speedy act-taker, so on the day, she brought with her steward Mama and Liu Kun's wife to the House of Clear Dusk. Minglan was left to sit next to them and watch, and Rulan, who tried every means to come, sat beside Minglan, waiting to enjoy how Wang shi would play her power.

Liu Kun's wife convened all the girl servants in the House of Clear Dusk to stand in order in the yard. Wang shi was sitting up in the main chair and Cuiwei served with every caution her a cup of ginseng tea. Wang shi took a sip of it and screened with her eyes the girls one by one. Though they were playful, they knew their day was coming. Everyone stood obediently, shoulders locked, head bowed, and breath constrained.

"...I tolerated you since you are young, but I didn't expect that you should take advantage of sixth young lady's kindness to bully her! How dare you!... You may read the left chapter on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D