C42 - You're Still Wet Behind the Ears (1)

As parents of elder youths, Sheng Wei and Kang family demonstrated unlimited potential in preparing a wedding ceremony, rushing to finish every preparation just before the ceremony which was set in late September when the weather was cool with fresh air. The date also permitted the bride to visit ancestral hall and offer incense to ancestors before the end of the year. Getting the news, Sheng Hong postponed his working time and convened all daughters in one room to give them instructions.

Minglan couldn't help yawning and when dragged into the room by Danju, she saw that Sheng Hong and Wang shi had been seated on two high chairs made of paulownia wood in the center, one at east front and the other at west front. On back sides sisters and brothers stood in age order. Changdong, who was the last one in the row, threw a soothing glance to Minglan, so she walked slightly to Rulan in a relief and stood in good manner.

Sheng Hong took a sip of hot tea, and Wang shi started to talk only after he put down the tea cup, "You may all sit down. Master will give you some instruction."

Minglan sat down, and looked up at Sheng Sheng who, looking joyful, said, "Your uncle's family is going to hold a wedding ceremony, a good connection between relatives." He then smiled as he stroked his beard.

No one dared to ask Sheng Hong, so all of them looked to Minglan, who revealed the answer in smile, "It's between second elder brother Changwu and cousin Yun'er. After meeting, big aunt really liked cousin Yun'er, praising she was pure and graceful. Big Old Madam sent a letter, telling that our Old Madam was the great match-maker. Father, did big uncle give the match-maker red envelope?"

Sheng Hong laughed and pointed to Minglan, "You girl! You are not young to be naughty!"

Wang shi was proud, saying, "Either her character or family background is ... You may read the left chapter on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D