C37 - Grandmother, Elder Brother, And Qi Heng

After dealing with the servant girls, Wang Shi led Minglan to the Hall of Peaceful Ages to report her work that afternoon.

"How did you do with Yinxing after you took her back?" asked Old Madam Sheng a little indifferently as she leaned against the bricks bed near the window after she changed her attire, wearing a black-blue double-breasted jacket embroidered with eight tufts of flowers made of black silk.

Wang Shi said with her eyebrows furrowed, "Having seen her being diligent, I thereby sent her to work for sixth girl. But, surprisingly, she turned out so shameless, so I've dislodged her to a remote estate." A maid of the second rank, who used to work in the inner chamber of womenfolk, now was exiled to work in a remote country estate for heavy labor, which was a severe punishment; After a pause, Wang Shi stretched her locked brows, held Minglan's hand and tapped it gently, "You're so naive. If you're bothered by the maids, you should come and report it to me earlier. Why tolerate it?"

Minglan said with a blush, "If Madam didn't love me so dearly, you wouldn't punish them so heavily. Actually, Yinxing was good at finishing her jobs neatly, she was just a bit imprudent because of her young age; Jiu'er is very good. I haven't disciplined my room very well these days so that the maids caused such a mess. Only she and a few other girls could stick to their duties. I haven't thanked you for that."

Not until now did Wang Shi feel that her face was saved. She smiled toward Liu Kun's wife standing next to her. The latter one felt happy in her heart, who, though knew that her daughter wasn't so good as sixth lady described, was delighted to hear her daughter being praised. Seeing Minglan act so docilely, Old Madam Sheng at the seat of honor... You may read the left chapter on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D