82. Feast for One-month Baby, Title of Nobility and Unexpected Calamity (2)

Wenying recalled what she heard about him, "His name is Liang Han, around seventeen or eighteen, and is the son master and madam Liang had when they were old." Then she shot a stare to Madam Zhang and her daughter over there and said, lowering her head, with hatred, "My mother has found for them numerous families, but Aunt Zhang are so picky that she wants both status and family background! Madam Liang mentioned once that her youngest son was too naughty and disobedient, so for her son she just wanted a girl with virtues and exterior regardless of wealth or family background. Once this was known to Aunt Zhang, she started to urge mother to buddy up with Madam Yongchang, making even my fraternal aunt also embarrassed. Hem, I'm not thinking evil of her, but she has to be clear of who she is! It's understandable that she wants a great son-in-law since her husband has passed away, but shouldn't she consider whether she deserves it or not?!"

As Wenying was talking, Minglan couldn't help taking a glance at Molan. She saw Molan's face turn red out of heat out of no reason, forcing a smile she bantered, "Hey, Sister Wenying, you're not yet married, why do you care so much about your mother-in-law?"

Madam Shoushan did need some care right now. The third time that her sister-in-law started to brag how meek and elegant Zhang Xiuwen was in a tone which indicated the wish to forge a marriage, Madam Shoushan was very embarrassed. Madam Yongchang, on the other hand, looked more and more indifferent. Upset, Madam Shoushan cut in, "Where is your big daughter-in-law?"

Madam Yuan paused for a second and sighed, "She's not feeling well and taking a rest." Taking a glimpse of Hualan from the corner of her eyes, she added as if she didn't care at all, "I'm also doomed to be tired all the time, having no one to help me with domestic affairs."

Hualan's face was frozen for a moment and Madam Shoushan cut in at once, "Just yesterday I invited imperial doctor Hu to feel pulse for her. I asked him everything in details and there is nothing serious. I'm afraid she just harbors hatred in heart and feels bad emotionally. I have to say that you shouldn't only care about the elder one and take it seriously when she just frowns. Care more about the younger one. Just before the Spring Festival, she was eight-month pregnant and you should discipline her? There's no such a mother-in-law like you! Look at her pale face. I beg she hasn't recovered yet!"

Wang shi and Hualan felt grateful to her. Madam Yuan looked awkward. This madam most liked to educate people, but since she was eldest sister, Madam Yuan shouldn't talk back and had to just listen to her.

In fact, that time Madam Yuan only let Hualan stand as punishment for an hour before her husband arrived at the site and reprimanded her hard. Ceaseless old women servants came and cried to her, saying that Hualan's belly was hurt and she couldn't get off bed. Then was her son, also coming to cry to her. After this incident was known to others, neighbors and relatives all gossiped about her being biased to her own niece and maltreated the daughter from another family.

Madam Yuan pulled her the corners of her mouth to force a smile, "The elder one isn't as capable as Hualan, so I have to trouble her more..."

Before she barely finished, Madam Shoushan interred, "After you two pass away, the marquis mansion will be handed over to the elder couple right? No matter how capable your younger daughter-in-law is, could she take over the work? If the elder one is really incapable, I'd be happy to help you find someone who is capable to let her fill my nephew's house, so that in the future there is a person who can help him. The mansion shouldn't be put into a hand of disasters!"

The speech made both Madam Yuan and Madam Zhang's faces turn pale while Wang shi couldn't feel more comfortable. Hualan tried every means to lower down her head and conceal her smile. Madam Shoushan's speech was sharp but her tone was full of caring for maternal relative. In addition, all females around them were friends that were familiar with their domestic situation, so nobody was surprised by the words.