80. Seniority, Legitimacy and Kong Rong the Good Boy (2)

Minglan didn't know how to answer her, so she just smiled bitterly, "Fourth elder sister, don't you know that I have little learning? Don't baffle me please."

Rulan rolled eyes at her and then turned to Molan instead, "Father always praise you as the one with most learnings, don't you think so, my fourth elder sister?"

Molan's face turned purple from embarrassment. She forced a smile, "If you like this one, just tell me. Is it necessary to cite a story? We are sisters. I, as your elder sister, won't take away what you like."

Rulan said slowly, "It's not about hairpin. It's just I want to learn from you as my role model."

"Then you choose first!" Molan put down the golden hairpin, her eyes looking down, full of resentment.

Rulan despised her, "Now that you already picked that one, how can I take it away from you? Father will blame me."

Minglan frowned at Rulan's further pushing. She looked up at Wang shi who was immersed in the conversation with Liu Kun's wife and didn't take a glance at them at all, as if having no idea of what was happening over there. Minglan lowered her head, understanding it all.

This time, the Emperor opened a Special Examination of Divine Grace. Many sons of Sheng Hong's former classmates and colleagues attended the exam, but only Changfeng didn't even pass it to make pre-scholar and had to watch this rare opportunity fly away. Therefore, recently, Changfeng was disliked by Sheng Hong in every aspect. A few days ago, the final session started when half of the Department of Supervision were talking about their sons taking the exam, making Sheng Hong quite depressed. He went home with a long face and headed directly to Changfeng's study room, planning to urge him to pass the autumn exam next year and achieve even better result from then on.

Unexpectedly, the moment he reached the door, he heard laughter of a man and a woman. He kicked open the door, finding that his son was laughing and holding a jade writing brush in a handsome pose while next to him was a provocative pretty girl who pulled up her sleeves to let Changfeng write erotic poems on her fair smooth arms.

Sheng Hong had a pair of sharp eyes, so by one glance he saw the erotic lines on the arm "Crystal fragrant skin of mine/wait for you to unclothe and try". It made Sheng Hong hit the roof at once and immediately ordered to bind Changfeng up for club-beating based on the family rules. Afterwards, the handsome charming young lord could do nothing except for crying and shouting. Concubine Lin came over, kneeling down on the ground to beg mercy for him.

Sheng Hong was so upset that he, in front of everyone in the main hall, pointed at the mother and son, rebuking them as "losers of no promising future".

Concubine Lin felt wronged as well. Didn't she want to well discipline her son? However, after all, she was a concubine whose son wouldn't listen to her at all. In addition, she feared strict discipline might do harm to their relation, and he was the only one she could rely on for the rest of her life.

Sheng Hong decided to carry on the inspection, thoroughly rummaging Changfeng's study room and leaving no stone unturned. As a result, a dozen of pornographic pictures and poem collections were found, and the paper of the books were quite old, an indication that they had been leafed through for many times.

Sheng Hong flew into a rage, taking up a club to hit Changfeng on his own and grounded him. Then, he contacted the family accountant to prohibit Changfeng from getting money at random and any expenditure more than five taels of silver must be reported to him.

There were just two reasons why Concubine Lin was loved, one was herself and the other was her son. At present, she was no longer loved by Sheng Hong like before and her son was despised. Therefore, at a time, the servants across the mansion, who all had crystal hearts that could see things through, began to curry favor with Wang shi.