C32 - A Report on Worsening Living Conditions (1)

Knowing another senior servant girl was sent to the Hall of Peaceful Ages, Wang shi was lost in deep thought for quite a while, and then sneered, "The old madam does keep an eye on the sixth girl."

Lin Kun's wife exhorted immediately, "Don't be muddled, madam! The old madam is informing you, and just as I have said, she knows well what to do. So if you can play fair, the old madam won't treat fourth young lady shabbily either. Just look at how much she dotes on the eldest young lady, frequently sending letters to the capital to ask for information. The old madam just feels pity on the girl because Concubine Wei died young. You don't have to feel disgruntled at old madam just because of a servant girl. The most important thing for now is that young lord Changbai can win credit for the family, and especially you, my madam."

Pinching her handkerchief, Wang shi's face got gloomy, and she said, "It is not bad to send some servant girls there. I can't be kept in the dark and it's only natural to find a way to keep myself informed about the girl. But I won't push it too far."

The matter hadn't been settled, and then another two girls were sent to the House of Clear Dusk that afternoon. Having led the girls to Minglan personally, Liu Kun's wife forced a bitter smile and explained this was what Concubine Lin had begged Sheng Hong for. Concubine Lin said it was not reasonable that the elder brother had servant girls to make himself live comfortably, while his younger sister didn't have enough servants. So Concubine Lin picked out the best two girls from Changfeng's house and sent them to sixth young lady.

Casting a glance at the two girls, Sheng Hong got quite touched just at that moment.... You may read the left chapter on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D