C136. Two Ways of Persuading (1)

Proofread by DragonRider

Normally there were two main features of the family war. First, it broke out directly without any declaration. Second, it was a long-last thing and went sluggishly——Minglan felt that she had already gone insane by still thinking of those irrelevant things by now.

These days Minglan never got a chance to express her opinions. Every time she tried to speak, Old Madam Sheng would interrupt her, "Don't worry, Minglan, your grandma hasn't died! I won't let them bully you!" As she talked that, she showed a ferocious look which was pretty scary.

Ever since Old Madam Sheng was pissed off, she put on the furious posture with which she had confronted Old Master Sheng when they had stuck in marriage crisis. When she gave vent to a torrent of abuse, she spat her saliva all over Sheng Hong's face. At the same time, Sheng Hong swallowed all the insults and begged piteously like a sticky candy. He knelt, he cried, he dashed along about the family affection, the principle, the family reputation. And finally, the flood of his words got Old Madam Sheng fainted on the bed.

Minglan thought that it was OK to pretend sickness when dealing with Sheng Hong, but getting sick for real was really not necessary. That was bad for the follow-up battle. Old Madam Sheng agreed with that very much. So she even doubled her appetites, which meant that she had prepared for the long-term war.

Seeing they were in a stalemate right now, Wang shi came up with a good idea on a whim. She suggested that they could let Minglan tell Old Madam Sheng that she was willing to marry into Gu Family. As long as Minglan consented to the marriage, Old Madam Sheng would stop making a scene.

Hearing her suggestion, Sheng Hong was dumbfounded before he sighed deeply. Scholars like him always liked to make simple things complicated in order to show their profound knowledge. However, his wife always tended to make complicated things simple and never gave up an opportunity to resort to threats instead of bribery.

"Stop make things worse!" Sheng Hong reproached Wang shi. Then he said sullenly with his eyebrows knitted, "Have you seen any girls who ask for marriage by herself?! Minglan was raised by Old Madam from childhood, do you think Old Madam wouldn't know about her character? ..... You may read the left of chapter 136 on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D