C34 - A Guideline on Improving Living Conditions (1)

As things went uncontrollable, Cuiwei just gave up and led Danju and Xiaotao to safely guard Minglan's main room, turning a blind eye to other situations. At a time, the House of Clear Dusk was in a complete mess without any binding rules. Lower level girl servants imitated adult servants, either hanging out or visiting other courtyards to chitchat. Only Yancao and a few others performed their duties and earnestly did their work, which could be attributed to Fang Mama's effective training for these years.

The competition between women in the Mansion lied in patience, which Minglan had while others didn't. The first impatient one coming over was Liu Kun's wife who suggested and indicated that Minglan should discipline the girl servants in her House.

Minglan responded naively, "They are nice. Did they do anything wrong?"

Liu Mama swallowed a great deal of anger and struggled to answer, "Mei'er showed a cold-face to first young lord and you never educated her. This is tolerable, but there are other girls that dress up gaudily and wander about to gossip!"

Every day, the way Changbai went to school was just a few steps away from the House of Clear Dusk. Cuiwei, Danju and a few others seamlessly guarded Minglan from nuisance, so Yinxing, with her zeal unable to release, waited at the door every day with her neck stretched long, stepping forward to greet Changbai whenever she saw him and vigorously invited him into the House of Clear Dusk. Changbai was so annoyed by her, so he complained a little. Hearing this, Liu Kun's wife, who assisted Madam with domestic affairs, was startled at once and hurriedly reprimanded Yinxing, who recently turned very grumpy and even talked back, "Mind your own business, Mama. I'm now sixth young lady's hand. She never criticized me. Why should you be so officious?"

Liu Kun's wife was blown up but Minglan embarrassedly mumbled, "Yinxing was just being hospitable. On the other hand, she was sent here by Madam. How can I not save her face?"

Liu Kun's wife walked away resentfully. Danju was eager, "My lady, we can deal with the bitches now!"... You may read the left chapter on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D