C187. If I Die, Will You Marry My Sister? (119)

Only until midday did Minglan return to her mansion. Danju helped her take off all the jewelries and her embroidered vest and then prepared to put them back in the cabinet one by one carefully. Minglan, with a straight face, said in a half serious and half joking tone, "The imperial mandate paper and the crown shall never be lost. Otherwise, my title wouldn't count at that time."

However, Danju took Minglan's words very seriously. As Danju turned over the stuff, she said sternly, "This pearl crown and the embroidered vest are not so rare. As long as I could get the right material, it's not hard to make the copies. But the paper is rather important. I should go find a huge lock for it." After saying that, Danju went out with a solemn look on her face.

After the lunch, Minglan slipped into her bed right away to take a nap. Danju massaged Minglan's sour and swollen legs softly. Then Minglan fell asleep in a muddleheaded state. After she didn't know how long, she felt herself being pressed by something very heavy. When she opened her eyes, she found Gu Tingye sleeping beside her.

He was asleep right now in bluish white underwear while holding Minglan in his arms. His arms were like two iron hoops, which made Minglan unable to climb out from his body. Then she just decided to close her eyes and continued to sleep.

As the sun set, the two of them finally got up blankly while looking at each other. The couple's eyes were still fogged with sleep. Gu Tingye's hair hanged down loosely on his shoulders, making his handsome face look a bit adorable. Minglan's jade-like little face still had some red marks on it. With a blank expression on her face, she still used her chubby fists to rub her eyes.

Gu Tingye enjoyed watching at her so much. Then he couldn't help pulling her over and kissed on her cheek and neck vigorously. Minglan whispered something like a little cat and gradually came to her sense.

"Sleeping for the whole afternoon is already inappropriate, let alone that we were sleeping together. Alas..." Minglan held the quilt in her arms and criticized like an old scholar-- what she had tried to say was they better slept separately in the afternoon. Otherwise others might gossip about them.

"The real scholars all do thing in unconventional ways and never care about what others say." Gu Tingye was still rubbing Minglan's soft body while kissing on her white neck. Minglan squinted at him and asked, "Are there any connections between doing things in unconventional ways and taking a nap in the afternoon?"

"No. So the entrance guard should be extremely strict." Gu Tingye held her in his arms while putting a cushion behind his back to let him lean on the head of the bed. After that, he said with a stern look, "As long as no one knows about what we did, there would be no gossip."

Minglan glared at him while he also stared at Minglan. After a while, Minglan could only look away, thinking-- What a shameless guy.

She felt thirsty after the afternoon nap. So she rolled her body and tried to climb over Gu Tingye, in order to get some water from the bedside table. Gu Tingye pressed her back on the bed and brought the whole tea pot to Minglan. The latter took it over and gulped the tea right from the pot. Gu Tingye watched Minglan smilingly, finding her look quite like a plump mouse stealing the lamp-oil.

Gu Tingye still needed to discuss something with Sir Gongsun in the outer study after dinner. Since they had already slept for the whole afternoon, they decided to complete their resting journey. After they had ordered the maids to prepare for the dinner, they went back to the bed. With the man's arms around Minglan's slender waist, he rested in her arms and let Minglan massage his temples and head with her flexible and gentle fingers.

Minglan had learned that skill from Mama Fang and already practiced on Old Madam Sheng for many times. Gu Tingye rested there with his eye squinted, feeling super cozy.