C45 - Agreeable Autumn Wind

When she returned to the capital to reunite with the Sheng family a few months later, Minglan was asked what kind of person He Hongwen was.

Pondering for quite long, Mingan answered, "A good person."

Hes was an aristocrat family, the ancestor of which had set up the Baishitan Academy as an honest and upright pioneer among all scholars around the country for decades. Though the descendants were less outstanding as their ancestors, they were in possession of both wealth and nobility titles. Old Madam He had married to a collateral branch of the He family. Her third son passed away at a young age, left with only one son, He Hongwen, who was much loved by his grandparents.

He Hongwen had studied medicine since he was a child. As soon as the boat started to sail, he began to boil medicine tea for Minglan to comfort her stomach. Though the tea tasted bitter, it took effect soon. One dose of it made Minglan feel much better. Yet, she believed in the end she had to build up to resist sickness, so she planned to take no more of it. However, since it was not polite to turn down his kindness, she had to secretly dumped the tea away.

One day, He Hongwen came to visit Minglan and asked casually, "Did you take the medicine tea I sent? ... What's Minglan's answer? You may read the left chapter on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D