C33 - A Report on Worsening Living Conditions (2)

This morning, Brother Changbai visited House of Clear Dusk. He was here for the promised cotton shoes. Minglan greeted him herself. Several steps after his entrance, he saw a detached beauty sweeping the floor. Since she looked unfamiliar to him, Changbai stared at her for seconds. However, noticing his glance, the beauty stretched her neck with a cold humph and a lofty face. Changbai frowned at her reaction immediately, and said to Minglan, "How come your servant girls so misbehaved? They shall be educated!"

Mei'er was so ashamed that she dropped the broom and rushed into the house. Minglan was left there embarrassed.

A few more steps into the yard, there was a servant girl leaning against a pillar, acting like a pliant willow swaying in the wind. She recited poems in a soft voice. Listening carefully, Changbai found she was saying, " Blue-collared lad, you've long been in my heart. ". He frowned again and scolded Danju, "It's enough for servant girls to become literate and follow orders. Who taught them this! Ignorance is a virtue for women. And she is at most a servant girl!"

Ke'er got pale. She stumbled into her room. Minglan was depressed and put on a false smile!

Minglan invited Changbai into the house. It was just a few sentences' communication before Yinxing scrambled Danju's job and served tea and desserts from time to time. Yinxing stood by their side, kept smiling, and couldn't help staring at Changbai. Xiaotao asked Yinxing to leave but she refused. Changbai looked extremely sullen. He set the teacup down to the table heavily and said, "Sixth sister, it's time for you to discipline your servant girls!"

After saying that, ..... You may read the left chapter on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D