Waffles?

☽

Jungkook wasn't one for fairy tales and bedtime stories. In his mind it only strayed him further from the reality he longed to fit into. You're not meant to live your life as a fantasy, and that's why dreams only remain as dreams. Or at least, that's what his adoptive father once told him.

Jungkook never believed in the genie in the lamp, he always knew Santa clause was just a phony, and the tooth fairy was just his mother trying to kindle some of the magic in his life. But he knew it was all lies.

Jungkook was now seventeen years old. His childhood lacked magic and his spirit was scarce. Yet one night, from his bedroom window, he saw a shooting star. And for old times sake, he made a wish.

He could have never expected what would happen next. For that star wasn't a star at all, and Jungkook would soon be gifted something much further beyond magic.

This shooting star shot like a laser beam, and while that's expected, it shot forth at little too close to home. A large spark flew down an scraped the earth just beyond Jungkook's window sill. His eyes gaped in utter shock, he didn't know a wish as insignificant as his would lasso the greatest star down from the heavens and into his backyard. Although, it wasn't very much a star at all, and it wasn't Jungkook's doing that brought it forth to the crust.

The wide-eyed boy scanned around his room, bee-lining straight for his baseball bat and squeezing it tightly in his clutches. Jungkook was home alone, and he wasn't all too sure what just landed in his backyard. Nonetheless, he still pressed onward, scurrying outside and in towards the crash site.

Flashes brew across the broken crust and huddled around a large figure snuggled within the dirt. It was a giant contraption of a sphere, almost like a spaceship if it wasn't already.

The lining of a door outdrew itself onto the sliver metal, it owning up with steaming sprouting out in a large puff of smoke. Out crawled a man in a large figure, only freaking the boy out more. Jungkook clamped his bat up high, soon relaxing upon seeing that it was just only a spacesuit.

But the spacesuit had a man in it.

And the man wasn't from his world.

Jungkook screamed. There was a fucking spaceman in his backyard, why wouldn't he scream?

"Who are you!?" He held his baseball bat up high, resisting the urge to wack the feeble suit presented in front of him.

It didn't look like the regular spacesuit he'd usually see astronauts in, it was much smaller and slimmed down, and the helmet wasn't a huge globe like Jungkook's used to seeing. He wasn't actually sure what this was.

The suit waved up its hand in an exhausted flail before nearly collapsing onto the ground. Jungkook, lowered his bat, seeing the man struggle before finally falling limp.