Bummer

☽

"Oh my goodness, he makes me so fucking angry!" Taehyung stomped with some mighty fury, his aggression beaming as he pranced about the castle's garden. "I can't have anything good with a father like him!"

Tzuyu sat quietly, observing the elder kicking up some dirt in an angry fit. It probably scared the poor flowers who thought they were next. "Taehyung," the girl lifted from one bench that surrounded some gorgeous fountain, "please, step down from the garden."

The girl grasped the prince's hand, reeling him away from the charming greenery and back onto the plate slabbed path. "Sorry," Taehyung muttered, squeezing the girl's hand momentarily before letting go. 

"Come, come. Sit," she eased back onto the curved metal bench, patting the space next to her. Taehyung complied, swiftly seizing the free area. "I think we should look at the accommodations your father has made for you. He no longer claims your friends as prisoners."

"Yeah, but only if they agree to leave without me."

The princess pursed her lips, she didn't know how to comfort the elder. She put her hand to his, clasping tightly, "maybe you could show Jungkook around. He's no longer a prisoner of Jupiter, I'm sure that will be fine."

"But guards still follow his every move like he is one."

"They do that with you too."

"Because I'm a prisoner as well," Taehyung gazed heavily at the princess, "and so are you." Those words weren't literal, yet the girl understood every last bit.

Tzuyu furrowed her expression, squeezing Taehyung's hand once more before pulling a way. Was she really a prisoner to her familial duties? She never saw it that way, but maybe she innately thought it as so. Tzuyu leaned back against the chair, resting her body as her eyes looked off lamely. "The royal ambassador says that we will have a feast tonight."

"I know," the prince voiced, taking a similar position.

"He said you can invite your friends."

"Only to interrogate them."

She sighed before speaking once more, "your people wish to throw a festival in honor of your return." Tzuyu diverted her gaze toward the elder. The prince left her with only his side profile, no eye contact, "does that bring you joy?"

He groaned at the contradictory thoughts fighting amongst his head. Taehyung's mind had torn between his individual strive and the undeniable duty to his people. What should he do? What can he do? What does he want to do? It was all too frustrating. Just the thought, the sight of it all. "I don't know what to do anymore."

"You will," she put her hand to his shoulder before moving her fingers to the back of his neck. She played with the strands of hair that grew prettily in length. Tzuyu couldn't help but smile fondly. "I trust that you will find your way."

Taehyung replied with no words. Instead, he leaned into Tzuyu's shoulder, feeling her digits sift through his brown hair. He always loved when his mother would do the same, he'd lay on her lap and she'd soothingly rake through his hair whenever Taehyung felt troubled. His mother also had a way of making the prince feel small and weak, but still comfortable in her warm embrace. There was something about those tendencies that reminded him of Tzuyu, there was something bout those tendencies he wanted to replicate with Jungkook.

Jungkook sat in a room all by himself. He had his own bed, kicking his feet back and forth as he awaited any recognition of his presence. Earlier that day, royal guards shooed Jungkook and Eme from the king's throne room only for the man to unleash his wrath of words onto his son. It had later come to be that the space crew were no longer considered prisoners and that they are to leave as soon as possible after a display of hospitality. Jungkook did not understand what the fuck happened or how. He didn't know what Taehyung told his father to change the angry old man's mind, but now the space crew were guests instead of fugitives.