Silence

The world around him had begun to come into view, Jungkook laying flatly on his back as chaos irrupted around him. 

It was weird. 

It was weird the way things had worked out for Jungkook. Or, hadn't worked out.

He felt different, vastly different. He felt as he did before this entire space adventure, yet worst. He could feel the energy of the cosmos within him, not like he did before. It used to surge through his veins but now it was so drained and diminished, it barely even existed within Jungkook's body. 

He eased up from what appeared to be steel floors, gaping widely at his surrounding as he saw panic irrupt. 

A bright light flashed in his face, Jungkook turned his head to see the massive universal epiphany. The flares of a supernova gathered and exploded, pushed and pulled, fluttered and shook as the ship veered away from the scene.

Jungkook then gazed up to see a cluster of the solid white-colored females staring down at him with wide black eyes. 

He was too out of it to react. 

"Jungkook," a voice called from beside him.

He gazed up to see Eme, her short cut hair in awkward chops, some layered at her shoulders and other barely at her neck. It was upsetting once Jungkook began to recall what had happened. 

He then gazed back at the rest of the Divine as Eme knelt to aid the little bunny. The group kept staring at him, whispering and chatting amongst each other. "Are they..?"

"They're nice now," Eme tried to force a smile, but it was substantially difficult for her. "Listen, there's something I need to tell you." She wanted to hold Jungkook's hand in comfort, but she knew her palms at his skin would only weaken the boy more. 

More memories began to flood in from the moment just before he had passed out. In a fraction of a second, Jungkook shot up as a thought of Taehyung simultaneously appeared. His heart was struck with panic as he began to limp around the control room. His body ached all over, but his heart hurt more.

"Jungkook-"

"Where's Taehyung?"

Eme frowned, looking down at her own two feet as she held herself in her arms. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Jungkook was about to have a fucking heart attack. The way his heart had pummeled against his chest had made him think it would soon give out on him. "What the fuck do you mean? Sorry?" Jungkook became frantic, his voice coming off as threateningly aggressive.

He didn't realize the tone he took until he noticed the Divine huddle away, Eme shying away with her hands shading over her face. 

The boy was too panicked to feel bad at the moment.

Footsteps soon clacked down the hall, Jungkook eagerly leaping up in a hopeful manner. "Taehyung?" He smiled, but that only faded once he was met with the stoic face of Kim Namjoon.

His expression was like stone as he peered emptily at Jungkook. "You know," the captain spoke up, "I think for the first time, I truly failed you all."

Jungkook furrowed his brows at the captain. "What?"

"We tried to use the gem, we did everything, all the right steps."

"Wait..."

"I don't know where the fuck we went wrong. Fuck." Namjoon bit harshly at his lip as his eyes wandered to the steel ship floor. "It's my fault, it's all my fault. I should have known."