Camp Chapter 2

Daryl carries me back to the camp he was talking about. Children's laughter is the first thing I hear when we arrive. Kids run around while adults sit around the tents and fireplace talking. As soon as we step into the clearing, a man and woman who were talking drop the conversation and look at us.

" Daryl! What happened?! " The woman rushes over to us. I blush a deep pink and bury my face in Daryl's arm.

" This is Jesse. She got 'er leg stuck in one of my traps. " He walks me over to a camper. The door opens and a man steps out. 

" Dale. Her leg was stuck in my trap. " He hands me to the man, and I squirm. I don't know him. I want Daryl! My eyes tear up a little, and Daryl notices.

He smiles gently at me and pats my head. " You'll be fine Jesse. Dale's gonna fix your leg. I'll see you later okay? " My eye's widen, as Daryl leaves and I stiffen. 

The Dale man sets me down on a couch and went to a cabinet. " So. Jesse. How old are you? " He bents down and tears my jean cloth open. I grind my teeth as he puts some ointment on it. " Sorry. This will hurt. " 

" I'm 9. " I close my eyes to try to block the pain. 

" All done. " I open my eye's and Dale throws the bloody stuff away. 

" Thank you. " I whisper loud enough for Dale to hear. I try to stand up on my sore leg, and suck in some air.

Dale smiles warmly " Your welcome. Let me get Lori. She'll help you find a bed and get some new clothes. " I limp behind him as we walk out of the Camper. 

The woman I saw earlier is sitting with a boy around a fire. The sun is setting, and people are laughing and talking. 

" Lori. " The woman stands up and smiles at me as she walks to Dale. " This is Jesse. She needs a place to sleep tonight and some clothes. I have to get back to work. " He turns to me. " Jesse. This is Lori. Have a good night okay? I'll see you in the morning. " He smiles and gets back in the camper. I look down at my shoes. 

" Hi, Jesse. I'll get some clothes for you and you can stay with me and my son, Carl. " She leads me over to the fire and I sit down next to the boy. I look around and see Merle and Daryl laughing in their tent. 

" Hi! I'm Carl. " The boy says with a smile. 

I blush and look down. " Uh, hi. I'm, uh, Jesse. " Lori passes me some food and I look at her. " Thanks. " 

She sits down and starts talking with another woman. I look over at Merle and Daryl. Daryl looks up, waves a little, and smiles. I smile back and look down at my food. 

Dinner passes and soon everyone's heading to their tents. A guy stays up and the patrol's looking for walkers. I Stand up and Lori hands me a pair of clothes. " That's for tonight. Carl and I will wait outside for you to change. Tomorrow, you can take a bath. " She leads me to a tent and I look outside once more. Daryl and his brother are talking. I go inside and change for bed.