Nine year old in Jail Chapter 62

I bang on the gate as we try to drawn them in. Rick has a small group trying to clear out a small part of the prison. I stop making noise and sit on the grass as everyone watches Rick lead some of our group inside. I braid long pieces of grass together and hum to myself. 

After a few minutes I lay on the grass and close my eyes while I face the sun. The warm rays heat me up and make me smile. 

I hear the gate open and people walk towards us. Glenn leads us into the cell block. I look around at the prison. It's cool in here. I wander to the end cell black and set my bags on the floor. 

" Hey Jesse. " Carl smiles as he walks in. 

" Let me guess, Hershel doesn't want you sleeping in the same cell as Beth? " 

Carl rolls his eyes and nods a bit. 

" I knew it. " I lay on the cot and sigh. 

" Wanna share a cell? " Carl asks. 

I nod. " Sure. Come on in the Jesse's wild cell. " 

Carl laughs and climbs up onto the top bunk. He organizes his stuff and lays down. " So.....How was your day? " 

I shrug. " The same as always. " 

" Well, not exactly. It's not everyday we take over a cell block. " 

I laugh a little and smile. " I guess not. It's pretty cool in here. " I look around the room. 

" Yeah. It's different. New. I  kinda wish we had taken the cell block over before. " 

" Me too. " We lay in a comfortable silence. " Night Carl. " 

" Night Jesse. "