Punished Chapter 66

" She what?! " Yay. Dixon's back. 

I cover my head with my blanket and try to pretend I'm asleep. This usually works. I'll ' sleep ' for a while, and that'll give the adults time to cool off of forget what they're gonna talk to me about. 

I hear heavy footsteps walk towards the cell. " Carl, can I please talk to Jesse. " Daryl says in a forced calm voice. 

" Um, she's asleep. " Thanks Carl. He's covering for me. 

" No she ain't. I can see her hands fidgeting under the blanket. " Shoot. 

" She's a sleep fidgeter? " 

" Carl. " 

" I'm going. I'm going. " Carl sighs and I hear his footsteps walk towards the cell door. " Sorry Jess. I tried. " I hear him walk away and I sigh softly. 

" Jessica. " Daryl says in a deadly serious voice. 

" Yes? " I squeak. 

" What were you thinkin'?! You went out ta the infirmary by your freakin' self!! You coulda been killed or worse, bit! What was going through your head? Why don't you think before you act? Are you crazy? Have you looked around lately? There are walkers everywhere! You coulda been surrounded by walkers." Daryl yells loudly. 

I shrink down and he continues.

" Why don't you listen? I tell you not to go do anythin' dumb, yet you go out and almost git yerself killed! " 

What have I gotten myself stuck in? 

" You are not allowed to leave this cell block. If I find out you left without my permisson, yer gonna regret it. This is yer last chance missy. This ain't good. Do you have a death wish or somethin'?! I swear, everywhere we go, you end up almost dyin' or something. No leaving this cell block. Do you understand? " Daryl asks angrily. 

"  Y-yes. " 

" Good. Yer goin' to bed early tonight. " Daryl stands up and walks away without another word. 

Well, that went exactly as I expected.