Hurt Chapter 35

" So, she really burnt down the kitchen? " I ask laughing so hard my lungs hurt. 

Glenn chuckles and nods. " Yeah. We had a bunch of remodeling to do. It sucked. But as least the pie survived. The tin and crust were a little burnt, but it was the best ever made. " Glenn looks over my shoulder as the door opens. 

I smile at Dale. He chuckles at the sight of me laughing. " What's so funny? " He asks. 

" Glenn was tellin' me a story about how his grandmother almost burnt down his kitchen. It was hilarious. You gotta listen to it sometime. " 

" Sorry we're in here. I just wanted to return a book and Jesse wanted to come with me. Did you know her full name is Jessica Aiden Smith?! "  

" No I did not. That's a very pretty name Jesse. " Dale smiles. 

I smile back and blush. " Thanks Dale. " 

" If I had known " Dale picks up the book Glenn's returning. " the world was ending, I'd have brought better books. " 

Glenn picks up his hat and glances back at Dale. He stands up and leans against the RV wall. The guys talk for a minute before there's a silence. Glenn breaks it. " Uh, Dale. Do you think Andrea's on her period? " 

On her what the what? What's a period? Is it some disease Do you die from it? 

Dale puts his hand up and glances at me. I guess they forgot about me. I'm too quiet. 

" I'm only asking, 'cause it's like all the women are acting really weird. " Glenn still hasn't remembered me yet. " And I read somewhere that when women spend a lot of time together, their cycles line up. " 

What cycle?  

Glenn continues. " And they all get super crazy hormonal at the same tim-oh yeah. I forgot you were still here. " Glenn's eyes widen as he finally notices me. He rubs the back of his neck. 

Dale sighs. " She already heard. And, she's gonna find out some day. " 

" What's a period? " I ask very confused. 

" Um, well, Dale. " Glenn looks at Dale. What's the big deal? They were literally just talking about this three seconds ago. 

" Well...." Dale says not very sure what to say. 

" Ask Daryl. He'll tell you. " Glenn says without looking me in the eyes. 

" Okay? " I say, my confusion not going away. 

 " Sweetie, I gotta talk to Glenn. Why don't you go play outside? " 

I annoyed them or they're just trying to get rid of me. Better leave before they get mad. " Okay. " 

I hurry outside before I get in trouble. 

What were they talking about?

I kick the fence and sit up on the wood. I know Daryl told me not to, but hey. What he doesn't know can't hurt him. 

" Walker! Walker! " I hear Andrea yell, pulling me out of my thoughts. I jump at the noise and fall off the fence. I guess Daryl was right. I shouldn't play on the fence. I clutch my wrist in pain. 

" OW! " I hiss with tears in my eyes. 

I see a small figure in the distance. 

" I bet I can nail it from here! " Andrea says from behind me. 

" Jesse? Where's Jesse? " Dale yells. 

" Here! " I cry. 

" Jesse. " Dale hurries to me. Chaos erupts behind me. Rick tells Andrea not to shoot the walker. T-Dog, Shane, Rick, and Glenn all run towards the walker. 

Dale picks me up and turns around as Andrea lays on the RV. " Andrea! Don't! " He says shaking his head. 

Andrea pulls the trigger and the walker falls. Wait. Why didn't it attack Rick and the others? The only one out there right now is......" Daryl!!!!!!!!! "