Near Death experience Chapter 53

I kick a stone into the lake as a bird flies by. I hum happily to myself as I arrive at the fallen tree. I jump as I spot a walker trying to pull out of the mud. It snarls and reaches for me, trying to free its legs. I glance at the tree. My knife gleams at me. Shoot. I forgot that. I'm going to have to walk around the tree, in the water, and to the end of the tree. 

I manage to only get wet a little bit while making my way to the tree. The walker grabs at me and grows frustrated as it can't reach me. I turn my back for a second to reach for the knife, wrong decision. 

I scream as the walker grabs me and we fall to the ground. I kick and squirm, trying to get away from the walker. I turn around and push the walk away from my body. It had managed to break on of it's legs free. 

Aw man. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die!!! " Jesse! " I hear a familiar voice yell. Carl. Well, he'll be able to tell everyone how I die. Good bye earth. Cruel cruel earth. At least I'll be out of the way now that I'm gonna be dead. Daryl won't have to worry about me. Shane and Lori don't have to plaster on fake smiles to give to me when I'm around. 

Carl grabs my shoulders and pulls me away from the walker. The walker growls in outrage and reaches for me again. 

I hug Carl tightly and cry into his shoulder as I finally break away. " T-Thank you!! Thank you. " 

" It's okay Jesse. You have to be careful. Let's get back before we get in major trouble. " Carl helps me up and we slowly make our way out to the camp.