Gun Chapter 37

I try to scratch my wrist but the wrap thingy Patricia put on it makes the task close to impossible.

" Don't mess with it Jesse. It's gonna get worse. " Daryl says, not looking away from his side of the tent as he pokes holes in it.

" But it itches. " I complain.

" Don't think about it. Do somethin' else. "

" Like what? " I ask looking over at him.

He shrugs. " I don't know. Whatever little girls do. Braid yer hair and color rainbows. Whatever. Something that takes yer mind off the need to scratch. "

" Fine. " I sigh as I roll over on my sleeping bag. I sit up and pull out a blank sheet of paper and some broken crayons. I draw for a few minutes in silence until someone walks up to the tent.

" Hey. " I hear Andrea say. I don't bother to look up or pay attention as she talks to Daryl. She ends up giving him a book.

I finish my picture as Daryl picks away at his arrow. I try to write my name in the corner, but end up failing miserably. I grumble to myself as I fold up the paper and stuff it in my open back pack.

" Jesse! " I hear Carl call me. I stand up and brush off my jeans as Carl runs to the tent. " Jesse, come on. I got something to show you. " He grabs my arm and pulls me out of the tent. 

Daryl chuckles as I get dragged away. Carl stops away from all the adults. " Look what I got. " He grins proudly as he pulls something from his belt. 

A gun.