Missing legs and new men Chapter 63

I hum to myself as I neatly fold a shirt and put it in my bag. I straighten out my blankets and someone yawns up above me. " Morning Jesse. " Carl peers down at me from the top of his bunk. 

" Morning Carl. " I smile cheerfully at him. He climbs off the bunk. 

" I'm gonna go see what everyone's up too. " Carl wanders around the cell block while I straighten everything up. I lean out of the cell block as I hear some voices in the main area.

Daryl talks with Rick and the others about some weird armor stuff that's on the table. Maggie puts a vest on and tucks a gun into her pants. 

I sit down and Daryl glances at me before he continues to talk to the adults. I pick at my nails as the adults leave, leaving Carl in charge of the keys. 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I laugh at Carl's sour expression as he loses at the card game we're playing. I'm on a roll here. I've won three times already. Carl tosses his cards down and sighs. " You win. Again Jessica. " 

I smirk. " I win. I win. " 

Carl shakes his head and mutters something about unfair games, cheating, and girls. 

" Don't pout. You'll win sooner or-" 

I get cut off by the sound of the gate getting thrown open. Worried yells blend in together as the adults all rush into the main area. " Open the door!! " Rick yells loudly. I run to the cell door with Carl. " It's Hershel! Carl! Come on! " 

Carl hurriedly runs to the door and opens it. Rick and a few others push Hershel in on some rolly thingy. 

I stand back as they bring Hershel into the cell. I look around for Daryl, but he's no where in sight. I pale at the sight of Hershel's chopped off leg. Carl runs to grab towels and other things they can use to stop the bleeding coming from Hershel's leg. 

I hear a sound coming from the main area and I run to the door. I open it and hurry towards Daryl who has his bow pointed at the open door on the side. Why is he pointing at the door? Hmm. 

My heart races a bit as some men walk through the door. They're all dressed in blue prison outfits. One of the guys has on a tank top. I don't like the looks of this man. He has longer hair than me.

I stand a few feet behind Daryl. He hasn't noticed me yet. Neither has the prisoners and I don't want to make my presence obvious by leaving. I shouldn't have come out here. I'm gonna get hurt or in trouble, or who knows what! 

" That's far enough. " Daryl says sharply as he points his cross bow at the men. 

" Cell block C. Cell 4, that's mine gringo. Let me in. " Says the man with dark black hair that's longer than mine.  

" Today's your lucky day fellas. You've been pardoned by the sate of Georgia. You're free to go. " Daryl looks at the men suspiciously. 

" What you got going on in there? " The man asks. 

" It ain't none of your concern. " 

I jump and grab onto the back of Daryl's vest as the man pulls out a gun. " Don't be telling me what's my concern. " 

Daryl stands up straighter and he glances down at me for a moment. " Jesse, get back inside. Now. " He says seriously. 

" Da-" 

" Ooh. Would you look at this boys. The redneck's got a little accident. " The man smirks as he looks at me. I shrink down a bit and hide behind Daryl even more. 

" And from the looks of it, she ain't nothing like her pops. " Some other guy adds in with a snicker. 

" Jesse, git inside. " Daryl says harshly. 

" B-" 

" Jessica Aiden Smith! I suggest you get inside that cell block before I get T-Dog to escort you back inside. " Daryl spits while he keeps his eyes trained on the men. 

The prison men whisper something to each other and two of the men snicker. " Just leave the poor girl alone. " One of the nicer men says shaking his head at the long haired man.

I hurry away from Daryl before I get in trouble. Oh man. I think I got on his nerves. Scratch that, I know I got on his nerves.