Anti-biotics

Everything hurts. I want to go back to sleep. I'm tired. I'm so tired. 

" Put this cloth on her head. It'll cool her down a little. She needs to wake up soon, we need to give her the anti-biotics. " Someone whispers. 

" He's back out there again. " 

" Daryl? Or Carl? What are they doing? Trying to get in again? " 

" Just Daryl. He's just sitting out there, across from the door. He's waiting for news. " Someone sighs. " Hershel, if something happens to her...I don't know how he's going to handle it. He may act like this big tough guy who doesn't need anyone, but he's grown attached to her. This is the first time I've seen him this worried before. " 

The person I assume Hershel speaks. " Of course he's attached to her. He's the only person she really talks to, especially towards the beginning. She trusts him, and he takes care of her. " 

I feel something cool on my forehead. Droplets of water slide down my clammy face, soothing my horrible headache a bit. 

There are a few moments of silence. " Do you think we'll recover from this? We've lost so many people...everyone's barely holding on. " 

" Of course we will, Sasha. We're already starting to recover. Jesse's the last one. She's just got to wake up. It'll be hard, but we're getting there. We're strong. We've always bounced back. " Hershel reassures Sasha. 

I groan, deciding now's a good time to wake up. I cover my eyes as soon as I open them when the light shines into my face, making my head hurt worse. The wet towel falls off my face and onto my lap, wetting my blanket slightly. 

" Sasha, put down the sheet, please. " Hershel directs Sasha to pull down the sheet covering the cell door. " Is that better? " He asks me. 

I nod, sitting up a bit. My throat burns, needing water, or something liquidy. 

" How are you feeling? " Hershel feels my forehead. 

" Bad. " I croak, feeling like crying. I hate feeling like this. I hate being sick. 

Sasha hands me a bottle of water. " Here, sweetie. "

I grab the water from her, chugging it down quickly.

" Slowly, Jesse. You haven't eaten in days. You don't want to throw up. " Hershel warns. He pulls a white pill bottle from a bag next to him. " Here, take these. They'll help you get better. " He hands me two little pills. " 

" What are they? " I ask, holding my hand out for the pills. 

" Anti-biotics. And this is Ibuprofen. " Hershel hands me some more pills.

" Oh. " It takes me a minute, but I finally swallow all of the pills. I hate taking pills. 

" Do you feel alright? " Hershel asks. 

Sasha cuts in. " I'm going to go let Daryl know what's going on so he can go get some rest. " 

" Okay. " Hershel nods. 

Sasha sends me a small smile, trying to make me feel better. She pushes the sheet out of the way before leaving. 

" I don't feel good. " I mumble, hugging myself. " My stomach hurts. " 

" Are you hungry? We've got some soup if you want..." Hershel offers. 

I shake my head. " I just want to be better now. " I sigh. 

Hershel smiles sadly. " You'll be better soon. Just keep drinking lots of water, taking your medications, and resting. You'll be better in no time. " 

I nod, pulling my knees towards my body. " How's Daryl? How are the others. " 

" Everyone's fine. Daryl's outside with Sasha. " Hershel reassures me. 

" Did Carol and Rick get back safely? " I remember hearing something about them leaving to look for the meds. " 

Hershel hesitates. " Yes. They're fine. " He's lying. What's he keeping from me? 

" What happened? " I push a bit, worried for the two. Did they get killed? 

" Nothing. Now, if you don't want anything to eat, it's best you try to go back to sleep. You look tired. " Hershel wrings out the towel, handing it back to me. " Put this on your head. " 

I nod, deciding I'm too tired to press for any other information. I'll talk to Daryl later. He'll probably be able to tell me what's going on. 

I close my eyes and fall asleep, hoping I feel better when I wake up. 

*****

Sorry for the late update. I forgot.